Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: It's that time of the year. Who's in for a May Whole 30?

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    I'm allergic to eggs so staying away. I think the inflammation in my hands is getting better.
    Have you always been allergic to eggs, or did you recently realize this?

I found I am only allergic to egg whites but can eat egg yolks.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I always feel for the folks who are allergic to eggs. Such an easy, versatile go to food. But it seems to help your inflammation, so great.

I am doing W30 to help with all the inflammations that suddenly flared up on me, but I am pretty sure it was artificial sweeteners and some peanut butter I ate at mom's place + stress (I went to help with a family emergency). Took out dairy just in case though.
    Leida, I'm hoping that when I add eggs back in, they won't cause inflammation. I've shed a lot of foods during this Whole30 so that I can see what my body feels like. I think 30 days might not be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Have you always been allergic to eggs, or did you recently realize this?

I found I am only allergic to egg whites but can eat egg yolks.
    I had blood tests done in 1989 to determine food sensitivities. eggs, beef, oranges came back. When I eat much of those foods I get a red eczema type thing on the right side of my nose.

Interestingly enough, I am on day 9 of my very strict Whole30 and last night noticed the red patch appearing. The only food that I am eating more of to compensate is ground pork from Whole Foods.

Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    I had blood tests done in 1989 to determine food sensitivities. eggs, beef, oranges came back. When I eat much of those foods I get a red eczema type thing on the right side of my nose.

Interestingly enough, I am on day 9 of my very strict Whole30 and last night noticed the red patch appearing. The only food that I am eating more of to compensate is ground pork from Whole Foods.
    I don't know what they feed those pigs, but I know some people who are sensitive to soy react to animals that were fed it.

Keep my fingers crossed you can put eggs back in.
    I had experience similar to Ekaterine that I started reacting to egg whites when I ate >1 cup of egg whites a day.
    I think normal elimination protocol requires no consumption for 6 weeks before putting things back in?

I feel better myself, luckily, so I am almost sure it's not dairy, since I haven't eaten it only for 1 day, but it's not like I can't survive without yogurt.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

I'm hoping I can put egg yolks back in! I'm doing Whole30 but will probably extend it.

Today is Day 7 for me. Got that nightly sugar monster under control for now. I could probably time my meals and round them out a little better but so far am feeling triumphant. Sooo looking forward to week 2.

Hey pfair, I just finished a Whole 30 in April, and sweets at night were a biggie for me. I added some fruit and that did it for me. Strawberries are in! And apples pretty much every day. Now I reach for those instead of what had become too-frequent chocolate consumption. Keep at it--it gets easier!

Quote Originally Posted by HopelessDreamer View Post
    this has been eye-opening for me: I always thought I was so careful to read labels, but I have bottled lemon juice with sulfites in my house....just proves there is always room for improvement.
    I thought I was good about labels too, and felt I was doing well until i read your post. I had bottled lemon juice in my home made salad dressing. Oh well. will be better going forward.
    I'm doing this more to see how i feel after a month without dairy. A quarter of the way through this month and doing well. Not as hungry at night. I guess i do get more of an insulin release from eating cheese than pork ribs.
    Last edited by garp94; 05-10-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom B-D View Post
    Keep at it--it gets easier!
    Thanks for the encouragement Tom. I really don't do well with challenges, deadlines, or projects but am determined to finish this one.