Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragic CW and SAD Recipes

Shop Now
    I think I cooked most of the CW tragedies during my vegetarian and vegan days. I remember the time I made stuffed marrow with lettuce and cottage cheese... except that I had to make myself a vegan version with fake cheese.

One of many reasons my husband's quite happy I went Primal.

(In fact... I challenge anyone to find anything more tragic than vegan fake cheese. It's ineffably gross.)

I made stuffed marrow with lettuce and cottage cheese... except that I had to make myself a vegan version with fake cheese.
    Isn't marrow the inside of a bone? So you hollowed out a bone and stuffed it with fake cheese and lettuce to replicate the marrow?

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

A marrow is a large courgette (zucchini).

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
    A marrow is a large courgette (zucchini).
    Oh yeah! I read that in an Agatha Christie book... must be a British-ism. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    (In fact... I challenge anyone to find anything more tragic than vegan fake cheese. It's ineffably gross.)
    It is disgusting. I tried it exactly once. Blech.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

I used to make a sandwich out of tomato, soft mozerella, basil leaves, and mayo with toasted bread. Sometimes I added bacon or pepperoni slices. It was pretty quick to make, tasted awesome, and I used to think it was pretty healthy. Should have known it was too good to be true =P

I know I can have all that stuff without the bread (or with paleo-friendly bread), but it's not the same.

EDIT - Yah, I posted this before reading the other comments. Feel a bit silly for posting something this tame. I'll just go hide under my desk now XD
    Last edited by Cyborcat; 08-30-2013 at 12:21 PM.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborcat View Post
    I know I can have all that stuff without the bread (or with paleo-friendly bread), but it's not the same.
    Without bread at all, it makes a great salad in some fresh spinach! Really not that unhealthy, if you get good ingredient (esp. the mayo & cheese).
    Depression Lies

Yah, I've had tomato, mozzerella, and basil salad before and it is good. I just really miss the texture of the toast =P

And I normally don't miss bread, but in this particular case, it worked really well.

(Red Dwarf)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborcat View Post
    Yah, I've had tomato, mozzerella, and basil salad before and it is good. I just really miss the texture of the toast =P

And I normally don't miss bread, but in this particular case, it worked really well.
    It's not primal, but you could get some gluten free bread and have it for a treat.

Shop Now
    Oh, here's something I used to eat a lot when I was a kid. Put a couple of spoonfulls of peanut butter in a bowl, add cheerios, drown it all in honey, then stir and eat with a spoon. Yeah, it's awful, healthwise, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't still sound good to me--I still eat peanut butter (no more than a single serving), and sometimes with a *little* honey, but I wouldn't touch cheerios now.

(Red Dwarf)