Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: "two ingredient" banana and egg pancakes.

Shop Now
    I just made those and were great. I used banana, that i had previously frozen. Also, i didn't feel i needed to add anything (butter, nut butter), very nice just fried in coconut oil.
    OP, thanks for posting.

I made this! But... I turned it into 4 ingredients. Well, three at first, then added a fourth.

2 bananas, 2 eggs, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla cooking in Kerrygold butter:

But it broke when I flipped it

So, I added 1 TBSP (7g) tapioca starch to the rest of the batter:

Much better! This one only broke a bit because it was huge and the spatula couldn't handle flipping it all.

Tasty!! Had them for my post-workout, post-IF meal.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

these work really well, thanks

These sound great, my son will be psyched.

Throw in some wild blueberries in the batter with a few slices of bacon on the side. This is my post sprint workout meal i have once a week. It motivates me not to skip my sprint workout.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMumUK View Post
    We make the plantain pancakes (from the Paleo mom blog) at least once a week. All the kids love them.
    Made these this morning and they were perfect! I used ripe plantains (almost black). Here's the link: http://www.thepaleomom.com/2012/09/p...-pancakes.html
    Last edited by Mr. Koozie; 03-03-2013 at 09:51 AM.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

I thought the same thing. I added a teaspoon of tapioca flour to one egg and banana and it seemed to work great. But I also cooked it on a low heat setting to give the thicker middle time to set.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

I added a bit of hazelnut flour to mine because I couldn't believe it would work in my pan. Really hard to flip but otherwise, YUM. Thanks for the great recipe!

I just went with the straight down the line banana and egg, spiced a little with cinnamon first, then, no spicing for a Galette de Saracen!

... fried egg in the middle and some protein: chicken liver pate, in my case.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    I just went with the straight down the line banana and egg, spiced a little with cinnamon first, then, no spicing for a Galette de Saracen!

... fried egg in the middle and some protein: chicken liver pate, in my case.
    Damn that looks amazing! Where's mine??