Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Children's lunches photo thread

Shop Now

The box on the right is her breakfast--a Van's GF waffle (I normally make paleo pancakes but ran out of applesauce, glad I had waffles for backup), dried cranberries, and the yogurt tube. Lunch is on the left--shrimp, carrots and cucumbers, a string cheese, and you can't see it but there's a fruit leather as well. The boxes are LunchBots, I'm a little disappointed as they were a lot smaller than I expected, probably should have gotten the medium ones.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by meeshar; 02-04-2013 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Trying Photobucket

kid food.jpg

Shaped hard-boiled eggs, prunes (we're having some "issues" at our house), and carrot, apple, and cheese cut-outs.
    Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
    Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

aw damn images waiting for approval.
    Do either of you have Photobucket?

Oh banananutmuffin, I just recently bought your cookbook

My kids aren't primal, and usually take a sandwich. But the rest of the lunch is primal...things like veg, fruit, giant meatball, venison pepperoni, cheese. Sometimes they'll have primal leftovers like soup or a chicken drumstick. They actually eat very little at school, which is fine with me. They come home and eat whatever they didn't finish plus a 2nd lunch after school
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Guys, use sites like imgur: the simple image sharer to link pics so you don't have to wait for approval.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Guys, use sites like imgur: the simple image sharer to link pics so you don't have to wait for approval.
    Did my edit to using Photobucket not work?

I can see one pic meeshar.
    Looks great

Today's breakfast (in the HK thermos) is oatmeal w/Kerrygold butter, stevia, cinnamon, and raisins. Not exactly Primal, didn't have time to make paleo pancakes though. Oh, and a banana. I try to offer protein in the AM but we're out of her favorite chicken apple sausages and I have to get those in the city.

Lunch is rolled up honey ham, carrots, string cheese, applesauce, and a tiny tangerine. This box is one of the oval EcoLunchbox tiffins.

Shop Now
    I've noticed that there's a lot more fruit/carbs in these lunches compared to what people here say they eat.

I've also noticed that packing carbs for lunch is a lot easier. Fruit, and even sometimes rice (albeit mixed with veggies and some meat), it's just more convenient. I don't eat eggs, so no hard boiled...