Page 847 of 924 FirstFirst ... 347747797837845846847848849857897 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,470 of 9239

Thread: Funny CW moments

Shop Now
    So the current fads at my office are juice fasts and going vegetarian. I can't explain the first one, but apparently the vegetarianism is because of that study that was in the news recently that eating 7-9 servings of fruits and veg a day leads to longer life. I'm so confused ... cutting out grains have caused me to eat way more fruit and veg than cutting out meat ever would. Nothing wrong with vegetarianism, but I'm baffled why the take away from that article for so many people was apparently to cut out meat...

Quote Originally Posted by LindyCG View Post
    So the current fads at my office are juice fasts and going vegetarian. I can't explain the first one, but apparently the vegetarianism is because of that study that was in the news recently that eating 7-9 servings of fruits and veg a day leads to longer life. I'm so confused ... cutting out grains have caused me to eat way more fruit and veg than cutting out meat ever would. Nothing wrong with vegetarianism, but I'm baffled why the take away from that article for so many people was apparently to cut out meat...
    Maybe they think they can't eat that much a day?

It's not hard. 2 cups of (homemade crammed full of veggies) veggie soup is nearly 4 serves of veggies and it's not in the least bit filling.

In Australia it's recommended you eat that much veggies on top of everything else.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

General nutrition courses in college (at least mine) are currently teaching that vegetarianism MAY be better for your health than eating meat because we have lower rates of heart disease and other serious health issues, but they emphasized that this may be because we simply pay more attention to our diets than the general populace and tend not to eat things like fast food. It's probably turned a few omnivores, but I don't think this is a bad thing.
    Music of the day/week/month/whatever:

K.A.A.N. - L.T.N. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWocmse1Ef4

Kingsmill white bread now has as much fibre as wholemeal! That's what they're now advertising over in the UK *face palm

Also chatting to my friends from University, we're all meeting up this weekend. They all went to order a pizza, I've opted out and all I got was "treat yourself once in a while" "eat everything in proportion and you'll be okay" "what you're doing is not appealing". These people are meant to be my friends Trying not to get so wound up by other people's comments but it's so annoying when they're saying all this stuff about my lifestyle yet they're the ones that are overweight lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Nellodee View Post
    General nutrition courses in college (at least mine) are currently teaching that vegetarianism MAY be better for your health than eating meat because we have lower rates of heart disease and other serious health issues, but they emphasized that this may be because we simply pay more attention to our diets than the general populace and tend not to eat things like fast food. It's probably turned a few omnivores, but I don't think this is a bad thing.
    I do agree that vegetarianism probably helps some people because they pay more attention to what they eat, and getting more fruits and veggies is always good. I just suspect a lot of these people are choosing to cut out meat while still eating lots of processed garbage, based on which foods they're eating at work.

I was asked to join a new committee at work to focus on Healthy Lifestyles led by fitness professionals. You know, fight diabetes, obesity.... they have those jumbo 600 calorie bagels and cream cheese for breakfasts for us.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

The good news: every day we get a big box of fruit (there's two loaves of bread and boxes of powdered creamer in there too, but we'll ignore that. I do)

The bad news: the box is for smart balance buttery spread. 79% natural vegetable oils; 100% vegan!

If that wasn't enough: it's apparently a thirty pound box. That is a LOT of spread. Who thought that sounded like a good name anyway? Spread. Like your thighs after eating this stuff.

But it's 100% vegan!

Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    But it's 100% vegan!
    Made with real vegans!
    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
    SW (Feb 2012): 278
    SBF: 26% (Scale)
    CW (Sept 2015): 200
    CBF: 17% (Scale)

Quote Originally Posted by accidentalpancake View Post
    Made with real vegans!
    Reminded me of this scene from The Addams Family movie.

Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Shop Now
    Not really a CW moment, but I just went to buy some dark chocolate (for the first time ever) and turned one of the "dark chocolate" bars over to see how much cocoa was in it.

36%

What.
    Last edited by Blippety; 05-07-2014 at 02:51 PM.