Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 711 of 923 FirstFirst ... 211611661701709710711712713721761811 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,110 of 9222

Thread: Funny CW moments

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    You seriously ordered a different menu item just because your friends didn't approve??? This is your life and your health, why do you care what they say, especially when they're wrong??
    Yeah, but sometimes you just want to keep the peace. You get so sick of people disapproving over what you eat, in the end you'd do just about anything to be able to just eat your darn meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Yeah, but sometimes you just want to keep the peace. You get so sick of people disapproving over what you eat, in the end you'd do just about anything to be able to just eat your darn meal.
    Keeping the peace would be not arguing, you're letting them change what you actually consume. Eating what you want isn't starting a fight, that's just living your life! I would never do that. Lead by example, you don't have to preach to anyone. If they disapprove to the point where it starts fights, then you need to rethink your friends. I'm kind of mindblown by this lol

My almost-MIL is eating gluten free bread and cookies, but eating other bread things (hot dog buns, pancakes) without any seeming conflict? This is super confusing to me.

Goal: Feel good, be active!

This might be more of an anti-bro lifting thing, but my college just started up again and I hit the weights Monday morning for some ATG squats.

Weightroom was packed. A bunch of dudes (like, a dozen at a time) hovered around the dumbbell racks. Meantime, there are three brand new, beautiful power racks on the other side of the room. In the hour or so that I was in, only myself and one other person used them. On one hand I thought "LOL Conventional Bro Curl Wisdom". But then I thought hey, I'm not gonna argue if the bro-curlers stay away from my racks.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaglassgreen View Post
    My almost-MIL is eating gluten free bread and cookies, but eating other bread things (hot dog buns, pancakes) without any seeming conflict? This is super confusing to me.
    Unless the gluten free stuff was on sale, that's insane. I make gluten free pancakes when I have a yen for the them and the flour is definitely more expensive than real flour!

Keeping the peace would be not arguing, you're letting them change what you actually consume. Eating what you want isn't starting a fight, that's just living your life! I would never do that. Lead by example, you don't have to preach to anyone. If they disapprove to the point where it starts fights, then you need to rethink your friends. I'm kind of mindblown by this lol
    this.

Saw something that sums up CW the other day:
    An overweight woman, probably under 50 (based on how she dressed and her daughter's age), but with the body and face of a 60-year-old, walking with a stick, asking about what the vegetarian options are in McDonald's.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

McDonald's are supposed to introduce a "healthy" breakfast option of some egg McMuffin or something along those lines, and basically it has egg whites instead of the whole egg. McDonald's is doing this to attract the healthier crowd. Ironic that they are offering a healthier version, which removed the healthiest component (egg yolk) of the otherwise unhealthy item.

A game I'm playing has me on a mission to craft pies. "Healthy flour is the best thing for building strength!"
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Shop Now
    You seriously ordered a different menu item just because your friends didn't approve??? This is your life and your health, why do you care what they say, especially when they're wrong??
    Well these are dear friends who I don't want to alienate from myself; they all every one chose the one vegy option and I knew (having eaten there a couple of years ago pre-primal) that it would be very clean and nutritious food. So I was happy to make that choice. I din't feel I was neglecting my health by eating roasted vegetables with a glass of red wine in a quality French restaurant, do you think I was? This week I have had a good steak every day, is that not enough to atone for my sins?

I care deeply what my friends think and I make many efforts and sacrifices to humour them - see Mark's post today.

I only told you all the story so you could wonder about my "funny CW moment".