Page 702 of 924 FirstFirst ... 202602652692700701702703704712752802 ... LastLast
Results 7,011 to 7,020 of 9239

Thread: Funny CW moments

Shop Now
    Take it from a recovering binge eater - you can eat an ENTIRE PINEAPPLE and no meat at all, and the pineapple can *make* you bloated. (Yes, it has enzymes, yes, enzymes are important, no, you shouldn't eat a whole pineapple, no, pineapples aren't magic.)
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 08-08-2013 at 02:30 PM.
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

When I was a kid, I blew out my ankle. To help with the swelling, the doctor suggested pineapple juice. I drank a lot of canned pineapple juice, none of which had any active enzyme in it after processing.

Though it's not like we had fresh, ripe pinapples available back then.

When my brother sees me making my first meal at 1PM

Me: Can you make the phone call? You guys have already eaten like three times today and I haven’t eaten yet.
    Him: That’s bad. It’s not good to eat breakfast so late.
    Me: Why is it bad?
    Him: Because eating later stores more cholesterol.
    Me: How does it store more cholesterol?
    Him: I don’t know. But I read it. I read it in an article.
    Me: So you think that the cholesterol your liver secretes is the same cholesterol that you eat?
    Him: [no answer]
    Me: So, why is cholesterol a bad thing?
    Him: It’s bad for your heart, it clogs your arteries. It’s important to eat breakfast early so that you have energy, otherwise your body won’t have any energy to do what it needs to do.
    Me: So then what’s the point of glycogen being stored and body fat being stored? What’s the point of those energy reserves if your body can’t use it for energy when you don’t eat breakfast in the morning. [burst out laughing]

Him: [dumbfounded look on his face] Uhhhh…

All Right!! I have read this WHOLE thread.... What a Hoot!! Thanks for all the laughs and great info on being Primal. I think I have learned as much on this thread as I did reading a lot of the beginner's articles in this forum.

I am truly inspired by all of you and I am seeing results in the past 2-1/2 weeks.

Thanks You all!! And Grok on!!

I was browsing the Container Store's website just now, and under the "College" section there listed some tips on how to survive early morning classes. One of the tips:

Don’t Skip Breakfast (and I'm thinking, "Oh my god, not eating as soon as you wake up, THE HORROR...")
    Caffeinated drinks can help, but the best way to maintain your energy level is by fueling up with a quick cereal bar, yogurt or banana. Even a cold slice of pizza will help get you going and is far better than nothing. Best of all, these foods can be eaten on the go!

ARE YOU SERIOUS?! "Even a cold slice of pizza...is far better than nothing"?! My jaw literally dropped. Well, they did get one thing right -- it will send the person "going," i.e., to the bathroom. If I were to resort to such CW-laced antics I'd be keeling over the toilet in pain.

Today at work,
    co-worker: Is it time for lunch yet? I'm starving
    me: didn't you have something to eat?
    co-worker: yeah that granola bar
    me: oh......

A couple of times I've had people at my deck as we work through various problems, and working right through lunch while they get hungry is kinda funny.

My somewhat disingenuous response: Food is for the weak.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

My Aunt went to the nursing home after my Uncle died. She had severe Alzheimers and it killed me to see my formerly College/high school English professor brought so low.

Knowing that it was preventable: PressTV - High blood sugar levels raise Alzheimer's risk

She had a bowl of home made oatmeal almost every day of her life.

It makes me weep.

I tell people that ("skinny fat") some people react to sugar differently than others. I ask them "What are the symptoms of Arsenic poisoning? (I'm an EMT)" Then I tell them that the reactions to ARsenic, like the reactions to sugar differ in people because people all react differently. Hope that this will change people's minds (no pun intended). Now, if I could just show people that the simple starch in bread is the same as the sugar in soda...
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

Gracious acceptance of baked goods fail.

A nice old man client brought cookies including gingerbread men and came around to our desks and I had to take one. I took the gingerbread man because it was untempting and can go feed my husband or in the trash later. I said "Thanks, I love to eat men".

So very awkward.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

canio6 Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Gracious acceptance of baked goods fail.

A nice old man client brought cookies including gingerbread men and came around to our desks and I had to take one. I took the gingerbread man because it was untempting and can go feed my husband or in the trash later. I said "Thanks, I love to eat men".

So very awkward.
    Probably made his day. Did he respond with "No, not the gum drop buttons!"