Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can it take a few weeks to notice weight loss?

Shop Now
    Thanks for your replies guys! Especially 14emom!...that article is eye-opening and on the verge of scary! When I look at what I should be taking in for calories after calculating my high activity level, my weight and height... I should be bringing in around 2800 Cal to maintain....I am only eating 1600-1800 a day!-and I usually train at least twice a day. I think I will try upping my Calories to 2000 just for a week to see what happens!!

thanks everyone!

You are training that much?? Please read some of Mark's blogs about chronic cardio and do some less exercising

Right now I am training a lot less (once a day) as I seperated my shoulder playing hockey 2 weeks ago, so all I have been doing is running, sprinting, biking (on my trainer), snowshoeing and recently re-adding pullups and push ups into my training to test my shoulder.

I have been reading a lot about this chronic cardio thing....and I am most probably guilty, but I truly do not know how to stop! I have cut my cardio sessions down, so only doing 35-60 minutes a day- varied exercises- hockey, sprinting-both on the bike and on foot) etc. But going from being one of the triathletes that Mark describes in the book, this is already a big step for me. I am also in the Military and due to my trade I have to keep tip-top all the time. I am going away on exercise for 5 weeks where I will only be able to run in the mornings and do bw work for strength, so I am a little concerned. You are probably right, but it is a big transition going from training 2-3 times a day to only once if that. I am trying to get out and do some more low intensity stuff such as snowshoeing with my husband. But I still feel like I am not doing enough....ok....yes I am truly addicted to training!

Thoughts?

I think everyone's different but my personal experience was I lost weight immediately. I opted for a low carb/very low carb diet but didn't count calories. I lost the predictable water weight in the first 3 days, then began losing a steady 2 lbs a week until I began cheating with too much on wine (wine is a weakness of mine) and my weight loss has slowed but not stopped. But I knew before I started the diet that my body is sensitive to carbs and that I would lose by going low carb.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Shop Now
    My husband says no, but I say yes!! To be honest I have virtually no fat on my legs and a bit on my butt, but I have love handles
    and a spare tire! My arms are pretty well defined so it is mainly around the midsection.
    Put it this way, if I flex my abs I can see where the top two are... through about 2" of fat and
    the bottom ones.... well... I have never seen them!!!