Page 70 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge

Shop Now
    Thanks Ayla!

A question: I am having trouble getting my carbs low enough. Most carbs are coming from the milk in two lattes, and seasonal fruit. I can't pass up mangos! I don't eat rice or potatoes....I've been cooking for potato lovers too many years and the lure of the potato has lost it's gloss. Even sweet potatoes don't thrill me. So I guess what I'm going on about is there's no carby veggies to toss out. And I like a serving of fruit a day. That leaves the milk in the lattes...I already use HWC in the lattes, topped up with milk. What would be a good replacement for the milk?

I didn't think there was a limit to how much hot roast pork crackling I could enjoy in one sitting. Apparently I was wrong. Eugh.

Oh well, no problem keeping my fat percentage high at least ...

I am finally noticing a reduction in appetite, and managing to eat a bit less daily. My main problem is figuring out how much to have in the evenings, and when, so that I don't go to bed hungry - there's no way I can go to sleep if my stomach is grumbling. Of course, if I actually went to bed ON TIME that wouldn't be a problem.

My new resolution (witnessed by all of you, to keep me accountable - feel free to harass me) - NO MORE LATE NIGHTS WATCHING TV AND PLAYING ON THE COMPUTER UNTIL %#$@ KNOWS HOW LATE. In bed at 10.00 pm every night. Srsly. (Well, weeknights at least.)
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Shelli, try a bulletproof coffee (butter and coconut oil blended with the coffee). Soooo good.

Shelli, the fruit will get cha, especially mangoes which are unfortunately pretty high. Maybe you could eat a smaller bit of mango less often, say every other day?

I also do a version of the bullet proof coffee, but mine is matcha, I use kerrygold butter and HWC a few drops of stevia the matcha powder and whip it with a stick blender.

p.s. check the recipe team there is a recipe for a primal creamer that is fantastic and should be carb free or pretty darn close.
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-10-2013 at 05:37 AM. Reason: add p.s.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Hey, I need help. My almost 14 yo daughter wants to start NK. I need help figuring out her macros. She's 5'3, 190 pounds and medium build.
    Georgette

I am feeling ill today. Had a hard time eating breakfast. Headache, nausea, lack of sleep. EEEK!
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I am feeling ill today. Had a hard time eating breakfast. Headache, nausea, lack of sleep. EEEK!
    Super sad. Clint's fighting a cold. Sore throat at night and in the morning then fine throughout the day.
    Georgette

I have to be the slowest loser on this thread. Three pounds gone but, hey, they are gone!! One of these days I'll have to break down and start tracking, I guess.

I have been very good about not eating off plan and getting fats in. What I don't know is if it is too much or too little. I've successfully gone down to one cup of coffee a day and am working on reducing my wine consumption. I've gone from a big glass of wine every night to a smaller glass (quarter the size) every other night. If i can do those things successfully I can learn how to track!!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I have to be the slowest loser on this thread.
    Nope, pretty sure that's me!!!!

Shop Now
    Geo,

With a medium frame, her "ideal" weight is between 124 - 136.4 lbs. (56.4 - 62 kg). Using the top of the range (you could always modify later):

Goal - 62 kg
    Protein (+/- 10%) = 55.8 g to 68.2 g
    Carbs (high) = 31.1 g
    Fat = 124 g
    Calorie ranges = 1,462.6 to 1,513.2
    -- Ruth