Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The Super Secret Potato Project

Shop Now
    Is it too much to ask people to actually track their calories versus weight change?

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    But how do I tell the super secret potatoes from the regular ones?

This is already too confusing to be a workable diet.
    The secret ones open ALL of their eyes and WINK at you.

DUH!!!!!!!

I track my calories and use a food scale. I also track BG and have two sets of recent lab work with follow ups scheduled. 6 weeks before now I was on a prescribed lower carb diet. The contrasting results will be interesting. By the way, I'm not deliberately creating a large deficit.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I track my calories and use a food scale. I also track BG and have two sets of recent lab work with follow ups scheduled. 6 weeks before now I was on a prescribed lower carb diet. The contrasting results will be interesting. By the way, I'm not deliberately creating a large deficit.
    Sounds good. I'm not interested in deliberate caloric deficits, per se, I'm more curious to see whether folks naturally drift towards a lower caloric intake ... the satiety effect that is being claimed.

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

Quote Originally Posted by pklopp View Post
    Sounds good. I'm not interested in deliberate caloric deficits, per se, I'm more curious to see whether folks naturally drift towards a lower caloric intake ... the satiety effect that is being claimed.

-PK
    When I'm eating real food (not that potatoes aren't, but you know what I'm saying) I usually eat about 1500
    calories a day.

Yesterday I just couldn't eat any more than I did.

Seriously.

For lunch to day I had 250g of russet rounds baked in the oven.

That was two hours ago, and the thought of more potatoes at this point has me
    nauseated beyond belief.

But I know later, when I really *do* get hungry, they'll sound great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitchenwrecker View Post
    First time poster here, and tater joiner! Been primal since jan 2011 and have seen a lot of good health changes, but no weight loss. Actually, 15 lbs gain came with eating "moar fat" and I've finally realized that I do need to lower my fat intake and up my carbs while keeping with plants and animals.
    That was my experience as well. Well I hadn't gained back yet, but wasnt losing anymore. Not entirely true. At about 85% fat, I gained a few. Fasting took it off. So every week, the same few pounds over and over again.

I found this just days before I found tators. Well I had read it a half a dozen times before, but it didnt sink in.
    Perfect Health Diet: Weight Loss Version | Perfect Health Diet

Is it too much to ask people to actually track their calories versus weight change?

-PK
    I track daily. Without looking, yesterday was around 1100. Kind of low, but the two previous days were a calorie up day, 1700 and 1500, so I was ready for a lower day.

Babble ON:

I also come in with calories on the low end when I fast and when I do high fat also, so low calories do not surprise or shock me. Fat makes me full also. Difference is, my weight loss slows to halts on too high of fat. I dont know if it was because I didnt mix it up and the calories were just too low for too long? (I still dont understand the slow your metabolism bit, especially if you have plenty of reserves to munch on) I dont know if it was because I didnt carb it up once in awhile? (I must have skipped class that day cuz I totally missed that part) I really dont know. Maybe I am just a freak of primal nature. But it doesn't seem to matter where my calories land if I keep fat to 30-40% or so. I can lose twice the weight as I do at 60% plus even with calories on the low end.

That might have just been a coincidence with the calories. Or just enough zig-zag of calories when I was lower fat/moderate carbs that it didnt seem to matter. High fat tended to just stay low end of calories. But I wasnt hungry, so I didnt worry about it until months later I realized I just wasn't making progress.

ok, babble off.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

I'm not doing the only potatoes version, so my data probably shouldn't be grouped with the stricter protocol. I'm doing less than 50% potatoes. I basically want to see how well I handle carbs and my glucose readings while fasting and postprandial. I might add in lean protein while still avoiding fat to test my insulin response to protein as well. I also have significant weight to lose, so my results may not be typical.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

-PK
    I will start weighing my potatoes tomorrow. I've been tracking by entering "small potato" or "medium potato" into Fitday, but I don't think that's accurate at all.

yeah, if you go by grams, it's even way more accurate than ounces

if your scale has the capability

Shop Now
    Ok, I tried this yesterday as of noon and today till dinner. Result: was STARVING on taters yesterday, stuffed so many into me that I was nauseated and felt lile I was dying. Not good. Down in weight .3 lbs the next morning. Today was easy-peasy, was running on two or three potatoes all day, schlepping two little ones with me. But was very weak (no crash- just slow fading since noon) then decided was no point in denying me good food and will have rice and fish for dinner. Yep. That's it for me. I'd rather lose my 10 lbs on steak and eggs I think, especially as have autoimmune and white taters aren't even primal, as far as I remember. Do not want to lose my precious fat burning enzymes.