Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: hemorrhoids?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    951
    Shop Now
    LOL! We live in rural India, and our toilet is a squatting toilet. It helps, but when constipated, I still need to strain... Additionally, I discovered if I squat for too long (more than 5 minutes?), I get lightheaded when I stand back up, and almost passed out once.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
    I thought of one more thing today (coincidentally while trying to have a giant pregnant man poop). SQUAT! I've found that getting into a deeper position really helps. I like to steal my 4yo's little step stool to help me out a bit. It gets my feet off the floor and a bit more power behind me. Sorry if that's TMI.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    416
    Can you rock back and forth over that toilet? (not sure, thinking perhaps you might fall in??). I find the movement helps.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    951
    Quote Originally Posted by Bron View Post
    Can you rock back and forth over that toilet? (not sure, thinking perhaps you might fall in??). I find the movement helps.
    I tried this-- actually helps! Thanks!

  4. #14
    I find extending one leg forward and to the side changes the angle of things and helps the poop pass more easily. I also take a magnesium pill in the evening which gets things going in the a.m..

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    1,750
    Quote Originally Posted by newberrycrater View Post
    I also take a magnesium pill in the evening which gets things going in the a.m..
    Forget everything else you've read and just DO THIS.

    Start with 500mg RIGHT before you go to bed with 4oz of water.

    If that doesn't help, then I will send you my first born.

    Wait, no., second born... he is evil.

    But really, if that doesn't help, then try 600mg the next night.

    OR, you can do what I do, and take 400mg around 12 in the afternoon,
    and then 400mg at bed time.

    If that doesn't help, I will eat my socks. Promise.

    Julie

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    430
    does hemorrhoids have to involve comstipation. I think i have them but i think it is due to riding my bicycle a lot. I'm never constipated, generally i have the opposite problem.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    951
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Forget everything else you've read and just DO THIS.

    Start with 500mg RIGHT before you go to bed with 4oz of water.

    If that doesn't help, then I will send you my first born.

    Wait, no., second born... he is evil.

    But really, if that doesn't help, then try 600mg the next night.

    OR, you can do what I do, and take 400mg around 12 in the afternoon,
    and then 400mg at bed time.

    If that doesn't help, I will eat my socks. Promise.

    Julie
    Lol!

    Is magnesium considered a laxative? Do you take it everyday?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    951
    Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    does hemorrhoids have to involve comstipation. I think i have them but i think it is due to riding my bicycle a lot. I'm never constipated, generally i have the opposite problem.
    I get constipated frequently, but that doesn't always mean strained bowel movements. I can feel the hemorrhoid on the outside if I strained or the poop was too bulky. Small poop, easy movement... the hemorrhoid stays inside.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    1,750
    Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    Lol!

    Is magnesium considered a laxative? Do you take it everyday?
    It is not, just a supplement, however if you take too MUCH, it will WORK
    like a laxative.

    Most everyone is magnesium deficient, so taking it isn't going to hurt you by
    any means.

    Yes, I take 400mg every night before bed.

    Julie

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    paris
    Posts
    58
    Shop Now
    Fiber actually sucks. The whole thing around is majorly overblown. Eat taters, it does work well for the digestion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •