Page 41 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 1079

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh?

  1. #401
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    10,516
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by bdilla View Post
    Any other opinions on the beer idea?
    Are you serious?

    I'm really surprised reading this thread how many people don't quite grasp the idea of eating JUST POTATOES for 7-10 days. But then again I never did understand diet crazes where you actually follow a list of foods and meal plans. I mean, even with paleo and primal I read the info looking for the reasons why certain foods are favored or rejected, and then I use the reasoning to decide what's good to eat and what's not.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

  2. #402
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I'm really surprised reading this thread how many people don't quite grasp the idea of eating JUST POTATOES for 7-10 days.
    It reminds me of ppl that review recipes. "I followed the recipe exactly, only I added this and this and changed that and that" and then proceed to give it a bad review when they made nothing remotely close to the original.

    And that is okay to make it your own, but don't expect the same results and wonder why the recipe (diet) doesnt work.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

    Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

  3. #403
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Are you serious?

    I'm really surprised reading this thread how many people don't quite grasp the idea of eating JUST POTATOES for 7-10 days. But then again I never did understand diet crazes where you actually follow a list of foods and meal plans. I mean, even with paleo and primal I read the info looking for the reasons why certain foods are favored or rejected, and then I use the reasoning to decide what's good to eat and what's not.
    Yo chill, I was just asking. It wasn't that serious, I was just really craving a beer.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

  4. #404
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,780
    Of course you will be craving. Eating just one food is a recipe for having cravings, even if all you ate was chocolate or your favorite food.

    Good thread, folks, thank you for sharing your experiences again.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

  5. #405
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    10,516
    So with this 20lbs lost, do you look a lot different?
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

  6. #406
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,780
    I'm on Day 12 and down 9lbs. I can't say these last few days are easy, it's getting harder to look forward to eating and it would be really easy to quit right now, but I want to stick it out for two more days and hit 10lbs.
    Mmgh, nice.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

  7. #407
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    7
    Otzi,
    I'm impressed with your results. I am still sticking with it and feeling lighter, but don't know if the scale has gone down yet.
    Could you tell me what you eat on a regular basis? And in the past when you have gone off of the potato fast, has it seemed to break through any plateaus you may have had?
    Thanks.

  8. #408
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    371
    Otzi, do you have any "before and after pics" ?
    It could be an easy way to judge the effects of your strategy in terms of body comp.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

  9. #409
    otzi's Avatar
    otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    So with this 20lbs lost, do you look a lot different?
    Everyone says my face looks thinner. I notice it all in the belly. I was maintaining around 175 for a year, and still had that small spare tire. Now at 155, it's just a little loose skin there. I've lost just a little over 1" off waist in last 2 weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bobcat View Post
    Otzi,
    I'm impressed with your results. I am still sticking with it and feeling lighter, but don't know if the scale has gone down yet.
    Could you tell me what you eat on a regular basis? And in the past when you have gone off of the potato fast, has it seemed to break through any plateaus you may have had?
    Thanks.
    Although I had a bit of a harder time last weekend keeping 'strict-tater' (Ate lots of homemade bone broth), I have been really cognizant to only eat potatoes. I did cycle in a little rice in week 1, but only maybe 2-3 cups worth.

    Generally, I have a big cup of black coffee for breakfast at 7, then one big baked potato for lunch around 1130. I eat it with
    salt and maybe a couple packs of ketchup. No snacks, but usually a black coffee on ice in the afternoon. Supper is 2 or 3 big potatoes dry-fried in some way (hashbrowns, homefries, sliced) with just seasoned salt or vinegar. If I need a snack later I will munch a smallish boiled or baked potato that I have in the fridge.

    I would say I'm eating 2.5 - 3lbs of potatoes a day for 1100-1500 calories. I find I'm not hungry at all in the morning and don't crave real food at all. The only problem is the monotony of cooking and eating potatoes.

    I will probably not do this again until next spring or possibly next fall. When I do, I will do two one-week runs separated by a week or two of regular eating.

  10. #410
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    7
    Shop Now
    Otzi,
    Thanks.
    But I probably wasn't clear. I meant to ask what you ate on a regular basis when you are not doing the potato fast.
    Sorry.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •