Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: Actual exchange with my roommate...

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    97
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    White macaroni pasta with cheese melted on top. You can actually make your own cheese sauce with, you know, honest to god, thick, creamy, cheesey goodness, but my roommate prefers the packet cheese.
    I watch part of Rachel Ray sometimes (because she's on the channel that's on where I work lol) and she just did a mac and cheese dish where she made her own cheese sauce that included pureed roasted butternut squash and carrot pieces! Looked delicious.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    480
    Wow... even when I ate CW style I would've preferred the stir fry. Not the brightest bulb on the tree is he?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,919
    I was a pasta addict, so I think I know where he's coming from. Addiction to pasta aside, learning to eat real food was one of the biggest puzzles of my life. I was keeping carrots in the silverware drawer, burning food, you name it. It's scary, and not everyone is up to the task.
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Moll View Post
    Oh LORD. Hahahahahha!
    "You have a patriotic DUTY to eat those shells and chese NOW young lady!"

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Jena View Post
    Wow... even when I ate CW style I would've preferred the stir fry. Not the brightest bulb on the tree is he?
    Nope. And he just walked out of the kitchen complaining that his girlfriend got the "small" ice cream bars and not real "man-sized" ice cream bars.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Moll View Post
    I watch part of Rachel Ray sometimes (because she's on the channel that's on where I work lol) and she just did a mac and cheese dish where she made her own cheese sauce that included pureed roasted butternut squash and carrot pieces! Looked delicious.
    That would be WAY too much effort for my roommate.

    But uh, can I have that recepie for the sauce? I''d love to top my veggies with it sometime.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I was a pasta addict, so I think I know where he's coming from. Addiction to pasta aside, learning to eat real food was one of the biggest puzzles of my life. I was keeping carrots in the silverware drawer, burning food, you name it. It's scary, and not everyone is up to the task.
    Oh, he sees how I eat and is absolutely MORTIFIED by it. He says I am a certified nut-job for eating as much fat as I do.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I was a pasta addict, so I think I know where he's coming from. Addiction to pasta aside, learning to eat real food was one of the biggest puzzles of my life. I was keeping carrots in the silverware drawer, burning food, you name it. It's scary, and not everyone is up to the task.
    I was also a pasta addict, but with delicious homemade sauce! And dude... carrots in the silverware drawer, lol? You have certainly come a long way!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    4,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    I've never had mac and cheese. I imagine it's a pasta thing in a thin cheese sauce. Is it made from a packet?
    OMG this stuff is super nasty. Be glad you have never tried this abomination from a carton. My parents tried to feed a box to me when I was like 7, and I never could get past the first spoonful. Disgusting stuff.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,913
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    OMG this stuff is super nasty. Be glad you have never tried this abomination from a carton. My parents tried to feed a box to me when I was like 7, and I never could get past the first spoonful. Disgusting stuff.
    Then you had better taste than your parents did at age seven. Pretty sad to know that actually.

    What we'll feed our children these days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •