Last summer I got stung right on the knuckle by a wasp (It paid dearly for that mistake....)
Ive never really reacted to stings before but this time my knuckle swelled up started swelling up my hand in a pretty good approximation of an allergic reaction.
Tried several things (Baking soda, vinegar. turning the corpse into a voodoo bee...)
Took some Transfer factor (colostrum) after it was apparent it wasn’t stopping. all the swelling/stinging was gone within about 20 minutes. so if you have any colostrum supplements on hand its worth taking some
Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.
I can remember as a kid dropping a spoonful of bicarbonate of soda into a bottle with vinegar in and letting it blow a cork out. Of course, I knew to use a robust bottle and to have the cork fairly loosely fitted.
I can also remember wrapping a few matches in silver paper round the heads and putting them in a hole, then lighting the other end. I wanted to see whether confining the ignition of heads would do anything much. There was a fairly satisfying bang.
I keep bees and was stung in the boob this summer...I still have discoloration on my skin in that sting spot! Swelling and itching are probably to follow! My hubby agrees with the tobacco..I've used lemon juice.
Whenever a honeybee stings me I apologize to the wee girl.
I'll live through it, she won't.
Poor lil' fuzzy.
Wasps are a different matter... I curse them, and may even hunt down the nest (knowing it will be nearby) so that I can wipe out the EVIL colony.
“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.
I love bees, too, would LOVE to keep them.
Also love spiders, one bit me on the face once, didn't love that one,
I was an ugly girl for awhile.
But the fave of all in my greenhouse, lizards, omg, my little buds who will eat the devil aphids.
Cold water and ice can make a sting worse. Bee and wasp venom is thermolabile. This means it breaks down under heat. If the OP had run his finger under hot water - as hot as he could stand, the pain would likely be gone in less than 5 minutes. I have thrown peopel with multiple stings into a hot hot shower and in no time they were back to normal. If you wait too long with multiple stings the venom is in too deep to be affected by the heat and you may have other issues depending on the severity & location of the stings and you may have to seek medical attention.