Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 month to age 50, and I'm switching it up!

Shop Now
    OK, so today, not bad, but not great. Layed around a lot...good for relaxing, bad for calorie burning. Eggs, coffee with cream, ham and potatoes for breakfast. Ice cream snack. Turkey, zucchini and tomatoes for dinner.
    Tomorrow I call the personal trainer recommended to me. And, I move more.

Decided not to LHT today since I am still a bit sore/tight from Saturday. I tried some of the reverse stuff Mark had on his blog, and boy did it do some work on me. LHT tomorrow.
    B - 2 eggs, 3 bacon, coffee with coconut oil
    S - 2 squares 85% dark chocolate
    L - 6 oz left over steak and salad
    D - 5 chicken wings

Workout planned before work tomorrow, then lots of cleaning at night. From sweats, to pumps, to rags. I live multiple lives in a day!

Also adding a multi vitamin tomorrow. Now that I look at what I eat, the variety and vitamins provided by it are low.

Low energy day. But still got in some cleaning and a workout to LHT.
    B - cottage cheese
    L - leftover over chicken, avocado, 2 pieces dark chocolate
    D - gyro meat and salad

OK, so the word is that low energy if from the barometric pressure today. Several people have it by me, so I will go with that.
    Workout - golf
    B - 4 bacon, 1 egg, coffee with coconut oil
    L - omelet, veges and dip, almonds
    D - dinner out...lots of small plates and wine. A few few crackers, but mostly protien.

Purely strict tomorrow, although quantities were in check today.

Hi,
    did you ever see the personal trainer or have you decided not to get one?
    I eat similar to you, allowing myself some dark chocolate this week as my TOM. Not sure if you eat as much salad/ veg as me though. As per Gary Taubes book I have lettuce salad at Lunch and green leafed veg for evening meal. All with meat/fish.
    Vitamin wise I take D3, super enzymes, kelp and omega 3.
    Seem to have quite good energy levels at the moment, but we obviously have different weather.

I have the trainer info, but was under the weather this week, so put it off. Plus, it is still summer, so I am not in a rush to work out indoors. So....procrastinating.
    Really a low workout week for me. Today is feeling better so far.

Yesterday:
    B - 4 bacon, coffee with coconut oil
    L - shrimp with butter, avocado, verges and dip
    D - chicken enchiladas, no tortillas and loaded with diced veges, refried beans

You sound like you are doing fine without the Personal Trainer. Much healthier to be outside if you can. I bought a bike this week so we have been doing some family rides.
    The price of one Personal Trainer session near me is what I pay for 4 months gym membership. I am too mean to pay for one. I do their classes and my own weights routine. If I did get one I would like a Paleo one.
    Hope you are feeling better.

Shop Now
    I just read through your journal. You seem so laid-back and happy living the way you do, and so relaxed about your food intake and activity. I could definitely learn a thing or two from your attitude. Plus, I love how you talk about wanting a bit more ab definition in your first post. I hope that can be a goal for me when I'm pushing 50, too! All of the folks that age in my family have thrown in the towel when it comes to taking care of themselves; in fact, many of them never did. Anyhow, I'm rooting for you... keep up the fantastic work.