Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 384 of 589 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394434484 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 5888

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan

Shop Now
    Contracted with the government. My dad put in the computer guided missile systems. I grew up writing binary code for computers!
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

I grew up counting in base five, because my grandfather was a shepherd. The other end of the spectrum!

Woke up with a bit of a headache this morning. Don't like that at all! Didn't sleep enough, either.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Just bottled up my latest batch of stock, which I made with chicken and lamb bones. I had never made stock with lamb bones and I was a little worried because the smell was frankly not too good. But the stock has turned out very well, tasty and rich.

Had a smoothie for breakfast. Coconut milk, coconut, a few cherries, chia seeds, baking chocolate (no sugar at all), avocado. How is that for healthy fats? Chia seeds are really weird - they absorb liquid and get kind of gelatinous. Good though.

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Non-primal things:

I got some DVDs of a BBC show, MI5 at the library. I really like it, but it is too violent for me. Not exactly too violent, but the kind of disturbing violence that gets under my skin. I woke up in the night thinking about one of the particularly horrid scenes, and thought about it again this morning. I was planning on watching the whole series eventually, but it is going back to the library. Too many other things to do that won't disturb my psyche. I'm very particular about things like this. I've watched Skyfall a bazillion times, and that has violence up the wazoo, but it is the kind of cartoonish stuff that rolls off.

I called my mom last night to talk about JFK's assassination. She was annoyed with me and didn't want to talk about it. I sort of made her anyway. That was pretty mean of me, but there was stuff I remember that I needed to clarify. I was so young and often I don't know if something is a false memory or if it really happened. My memories are apparently accurate, although as usual my mom doesn't remember much about me specifically - I had five older siblings at the time and my mom never remembers anything about me. My sisters are a much better resource, but they weren't always around. They were all in school that day, although some of them had come home for lunch. (It was a different world.) But it is funny how these things stay in memory, bits and pieces. My mom said, "I don't remember what day of the week it was," and I immediately said, "It was a Friday." Don't know how I remembered that.

Had two cups of tea and the headache is gone. Must think about my caffeine consumption. I never notice that it makes me less sleepy, or jumpy or anything. It sort of just makes me feel normal.

Whew, have I had a carb-y morning! Yesterday I walked into the food co-op and front and center was a display of dates. With a vague thought of using them to sweeten something, I bought six. Unfortunately I had no idea that they are utterly delicious, basically little carb crack packets. Yes, I ate them all. Did you know that one date has 18 g of carbs? They are very, very sweet, undoubtedly they will be good to sweeten things if I can keep from eating them out of hand.

Had a large bowl of bone broth with two egg yolks and scallions. So good! I don't know why Nom Nom Paleo didn't like her lamb bone broth, I think it added flavor exponentially. I broke my rule of eating the oldest broth first because this batch is so delicious. (What if I died tonight? I don't want to go to my grave thinking, "I should have eaten the best broth."

Went on a long walk and even managed to get in a little sunbathing as it is almost warm today. So nice to have the bugs and the tourists and the poison ivy gone.

I've attracted chickadees to my feeder. So cute! The felines are transfixed. They funny thing is that they watch them avidly but don't try to get to them. And the birds take no notice of them. Me, on the other hand, they are afraid of. If I come into the room or move around too much when I am sitting they take off. Oddly, they have nothing to fear from me, in fact the opposite. Weird how things work.

I was in social studies when the principal of our grammar school came into our class and announced that the president had been shot and had died. His voice was breaking with emotion and our teacher collapsed to the floor. I ran to the back of the classroom and got her a glass of water and the principal took off his jacket and folded it up under her head.

They dismissed school immediately, and my mom picked me up and was trying hard not to break down while she explained to me that our country was still safe and everything would be okay. I had never seen her cry until the funeral on tv when little john john saluted his dad's casket.

I developed a fear of the dark after that and also couldn't stand the sound of the vacuum cleaner, for some reason.. I wasn't scared of the vacuum exactly, I think it was a fear of something happening and I wouldn't be able to hear it.

I'd never seen my parents so upset about anything.. No one in our family had died at this point, but it was like someone we loved had been killed. Grief turned to worry about conspiracy after that. A very sad time.. innocence lost, indeed.

I couldn't keep watching MI-5 either. Too grisly.

I am tempted by those chia seeds. Gelatinous is fun!

I remember Mark doing an "Is it primal?" about chia seeds, but I can't remember what he said. I'm not planning on eating truckloads of them anyway, but they are fun. They don't really have much taste but a good texture. As far as taste, I prefer hemp seeds, which have a mild nutty flavor and chewy texture.

Glad I'm not the only one who is turned off by MI-5. I found myself wondering why they had to ruin an otherwise really good show with some truly sick violence.

Thanks for sharing your JFK experience, Judy. It really was a defining moment for our country and for us as individuals.

My favorite kombucha is cherry chia, followed by raspberry chia.

Shop Now
    I'm going to put some chia seeds in my booch. Hmmmm.

Still listening to the gluten summit. Today was really good, and the presentations were thankfully a bit shorter so I can fit them all in. Of course they are preaching to the choir with me.

Here I am at work, very busy. It's all good.