Page 383 of 591 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393433483 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 5901

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan

Shop Now
    I've been listening to the Gluten Summit, and although lots of the presentations are very technical, this one is not, and could be very helpful for anyone struggling with food sensitivities. Also some great breakfast ideas!

JJ Virgin, CNS, CHFS: The Gluten Summit
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Just watched her videos. Funny you bring this to our attention right now - because I was just thinking soy could be one of my worst enemies. This pretty much answers my question. I'm eliminating soy from my diet! I'm going to give it my best effort to eliminate all 7 of the "foods" that she says cause weight gain and feeling yucky.

Gluten
    Dairy
    Soy
    Eggs
    Corn
    Peanuts
    Sugar and Sugar Substitutes.

A lot of her stuff is right in line with Marks. Her "bursts" are his "sprints". I like her -- but her products are pretty dang expensive!

I listened twice - she has some great ideas! I am going to do her elimination diet and I have ordered her book from the library. (God bless ILL) Her products are super expensive but I am sure they aren't really necessary. I have been struggling for about three weeks with a patch of eczema on my chin - I thought giving up dairy for all and good would get rid of it, but after giving up dairy it is, if anything worse. I have already eliminated 6 of the 7 - the only one left being eggs. And as she says, pastured eggs are usually not a problem and can be reintroduced. But I'm going to double down on soy elimination - it is in most chocolate as soy lecithin. But there is chocolate that doesn't have it. I made my version of her smoothie when I realized I have most of the ingredients on hand. Avocado, coconut milk, almond butter, coconut, hemp seeds, a banana. (Banana needs to be replaced with berries.) It is sooooooooo good. I mean seriously delish. The avocado gives it a very smooth, creamy texture.

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I wrote down the recipe for the smoothy -- but she includes her virgin diet protein in the recipe. I suppose any protein powder would work as long as it was soy/egg/dairy free. ??? have to hunt for that I guess.

I'm going to leave out the protein powder. It still tastes delicious and is super filling.

Went out shopping and spent plenty of money! Got a fancy little kettle I've had my eye on for some time. It was marked down and I found a little chip on it, so he gave me another 15% off. I'm pretty happy with the price. It is $50 more on Amazon! Also got a little electric heater for the bathroom, a box of fatwood, a lot of esoteric food. I had to laugh at myself when I was putting the items in my shopping bag. I grew up eating mac and cheese from the blue box, Wonder bread, Welch's grape jelly. Oh yes, don't forget the margarine! Yikes.

Sounds like what I grew up on! I would skip breakfast, or eat a bowl of coco puffs with skim milk. Lunch at school was a bag of Land O Lakes lunch meat and a ding dong. In junior high I just ate a ding dong and milk. In high school I ate a crunchy granola bar and a root beer. Dinner was TV dinners (the ones in the foil tray), or something with pasta - either moms version of Goulash (ground beef, tomato soup and macaroni) or tuna casserole (tuna in water, egg noodles and a sauce made of flour, milk, S&P and the juice from the tuna). Sometimes she would make hamburgers, and very rarely baked salmon. I'd eat potatoes and corn only. I was an adult before I'd willingly eat anything green or leafy.

No wonder I was always sick and now have such a messed up digestive system. OYE!

Now I look at what I eat and I'm very impressed with myself!

Guess I grew up eating abnormally. I'd ask for a salad instead of FF when possible. I ate lingua, snails, clams, squid, octopus, and all kinds of veggies. Probably because by the time I was in 6th grade I'd lived in Texas, California, England, Italy, Massachusetts, and Tennessee.
    Female 54
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

wow....... Army brat??

I lived in Dallas, Oregon (population 8000) from birth until I was 18. And in only 2 different houses.

Raytheon...
    Female 54
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Raytheon...
    ???? I'm stumped on that one.