Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 2 of 138 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: A Little Bit of R & R

Shop Now
    Ho-ly-crap-guys. Even though it's probably the first thing I'll say to anyone, it still manages to amaze me how much the body is affected by simple calories and starvation. Over break, I upped my calories to 2000 a day, or as close as I could get at least, and I've been trying to keep it around there ever since. I expected to gain weight at the expense of higher energy, but the opposite happened. I finally quit making excuses and get out and do things, mostly just walking, and put up with everyone's weird comments (in the army it is absurd to do anything low impact or that doesn't break a sweat in twenty minutes or less and then hold it there for ninety minutes). But fuck them, because it's working. I am losing body fat at an average of 1924 calories a day. And I feel great. I'm down to 158 which was my basic training weight. Doing stuff somewhat akin to basic training a la move around a lot, get smoked occasionally, and eat a lot of food.

I only get it because of Tumblr, never got into Homestuck. You look awesome though!
    Depression Lies

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I only get it because of Tumblr, never got into Homestuck. You look awesome though!
    Thanks >;D

Mmmm stew

My husband wants to know where you're stationed & what you do since I mentioned I have an MDA friend in Korea. He was at Camp Casey, field artillery.
    Depression Lies

Weighed for my PT test way passed thirty days ago yesterday. 157.8. Tap and Track says my BMI is normal. Now if only my BM can get normal.

I jumped the gun and ate an avocado. Hnnnnng. Bloat city. Time for a nap.

I think I may have fell in love with Gordon Ramsey's Home Cooking when his second episode was completely wheat free and he didn't even try. Shh don't tell Jamie.

Gonna have a totally lazy day because fuck all it's my first day off since October 29.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Gonna have a totally lazy day because fuck all it's my first day off since October 29.
    Yikes. Enjoy the day off. I hope it is a good one.

Day three off the great starch reintroduction/experiment.

UUUUUUUUNGGGGHHHHH.......

Oh you cruel, cruel primal gods. I need a nap and it's not even lunchtime...

Awww. Yeah it was the same with me when I reintroduced all carbs. It took me about a week to normalize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

I read your heartfelt story and I'm glad you're doing so much better!

We have similar stats but you've mentioned you're tall, which I'm not, which is very embarassing for me ;DDDD

But anyway, I'm glad you stumbled onto Taubes or anyone that could point in the right direction (it's usually an avalanche of information after that, you want to read everything you can get your hands on). I know how frustrating it is to do everything "by the book" and still fail and then blame yourself, and hate yourself and make yourself sick...

Just remember not to fall off the wagon or you'll end up like me and have to start ALL OVER AGAIN (augh!) ;p

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Thanks >;D
    ">;D" IS COPYRIGHTED BY YOURS TRULY >;cccccccccccccccccccccccccc

notice how it's a ; and not a : ?
    It's because one of my eyes' vision is crap ;3

LALALALA TROLLLOLOLOLALALA