Page 473 of 926 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475483523573 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 9259

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change?

Shop Now
    I noticed my mouth and throat felt itchy after eating cantaloupe today

Itchy Mouth After Eating Fresh Fruit | LIVESTRONG.COM

Well shit. I have tons of allergies to tree pollen & rag weed, so according to this, I may not be able to eat most common fruits w/o having a reaction. I wonder if Zantac just before eating would help (I ran out a while ago and stopped taking it). Something to try, anyway. Maybe I should invest in some raw local honey finally =\. My allergies are so much worse this year than ever before and I hope it's just a gut thing and that I can fix it.

Allegra (and other OTC stuff I've tried) only serves to stop my nose from running. I am still terribly congested, sneeze plenty, and get itchy eyes. I'll ask my doctor about this at my annual.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

Hey Nameless, sorry about your allergies. Allergies suck! And thanks for the link. That explains why I developed oral allergies to certain things after moving to the East Coast. I never had seasonal allergies in CA, but I started having them after moving to Philly cuz, well, I guess I'm just allergic to the East Coast. After moving here, I also developed oral allergies to soy milk (yes, I used to consume soy milk from time to time), ranier cherries, and (sometimes) bing cherries. So far, my oral allergies are limited to cherries, and bing cherries don't always trigger it so yours may be limited to certain types of fruits as well. Still sucks though. I wonder if it would go away after I move back to CA? Probably not. Once you have the antibodies, you probably have them forever.

I have an oral allergy to soy as well. Makes my mouth & throat itch!

Hulky and I really want to move and he would not mind going back to CA (born there). I wonder if my allergies would alleviate with the change of pollen.
    Journal

Depression Lies

More friends for me to have when I move to CA
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Back to aminos...Julia Ross says that amino acid therapy should be a limited time thing. Once you are rebalanced, you need to get off them.

Fall No!!!

My GYN found cervical dysplasia in me a few years ago AND I tested NEGATIVE for HPV. She was completely flummoxed and decided to just keep an eye on it and scheduled me to come back in 3 mos. I did some Internet searching and found that some women develop abnormal cells in response to contact with bleaching agents in tampons. I switched to a Diva Cup (silicone sterilizable and reusable cup) and have had no dysplasia since.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

(As all penis-havers abandon thread) I love menstrual cups! I haven't yet found one that works well for me, but the disposable kind are convenient for sleeping/bicycling at least. Maybe I can get one in the budget this month, we'll see. I never used tampons much and have been using cloth pads for the past year or so, almost exclusively.

I have the HPV vaccine. Not sure what good it'll do, but whatever, it's done. It was free!

My weekend in Maine was great. We squeezed in a matinee of 2 Guns at the local theater, which was a fun/silly shoot-'em-up. Mark Wahlberg as Mark Wahlberg & Denzel Washington as awesome.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Everyone seems to like those things... And after hearing all this bad news about tampons, I wonder if I should try it. I'm about to get a copper IUD which supposedly makes you periods heavier for a while (yippity fucking doo) so this might be a good time to switch?

Mark Wahlberg as Mark Wahlberg
    Funny because it's true.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Everyone seems to like those things... And after hearing all this bad news about tampons, I wonder if I should try it. I'm about to get a copper IUD which supposedly makes you periods heavier for a while (yippity fucking doo) so this might be a good time to switch?

Funny because it's true.
    There's definitely an adjustment period (harr harr) and not every style works for every person's anatomy, but they're pretty cool. I guess they can be used safely with IUDs as well. I've considered getting a copper one, but not sure I want to deal with the heavier flow until I can find a cup that works for me.

Hulky and I are big movie buffs. When the season is right and the movies are moderately appealing, we'll go see a new one every weekend. Matinees are the best, $6 tickets! There are a bunch of actors that really play themselves. I think Keanu Reeves is probably the most well-known.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Gluten-free day 9

Shop Now
    My moods are still stable so I'm not tracking how long it's been off the amino acids anymore. The ultimate test is the few days surrounding my period, but with the vitex, I think I should be fine anyway. It's just helpful to get a baseline.

My weekend was very relaxing. Friday night, we ate, packed up, and I drove us up to Portsmouth & we stopped at a Barnes & Noble for books. Hulky drove from there and we got to the beach house around 11 PM. The stars were amazing and the Milky Way was incredibly clear. We went straight to bed and slept like an adorable pair of logs. It was a little drizzly in the morning, so we didn't do any beach walking, but it felt great to be there anyway. After breakfast at the diner (eggs, sausage, bacon), a snack (banana & almond butter), we grabbed our stuff and headed into town. We picked Hulky up some things at Reny's for his trip, including a pair of water shoes. They are nice and wide, great for his extra-wide feet. I found a pair of jeans that would have gone to Old Navy if not for the scraped waist button, for $13. I picked up an iced chai at the local coffee shop & we headed to Baba's.

My dad had his bicycle and my brother's on the back of their car, so we all took turns riding around on the grass & long gravelly driveway (pictures forthcoming in a blog post, probably tonight). When my dad and Hulky went riding off on "Didushka's road", a path that used to be kept clear that leads from the pond down to the swamp behind the house, I ran back and forth to see if I could spot them, to get my camera, and then to get pictures as they came back out. I took my shoes off and it felt great to prance around barefoot in the wet grass. I felt like I had tons of energy. I didn't mind being a little breathless. I snacked on some kielbasa. We relaxed for a bit, my sister and her beau arrived, we read & chilled & chatted. Then we did the gold coin ceremony (more in the blog post), and cracked open a bottle of mead that my grandfather had corked in '95. It was a bit bitter.

My sister and her beau had to leave, but we went to dinner shortly after. I had broiled scallops, a squash medley (the "vegetable side"), and a roasted potato, including butter & sour cream. A couple of martinis (cherry, which tasted like cough medicine, and chocolate, which tasted like vodka and Hershey's syrup, which it basically was, and it was delicious) and then crème brûlée. Hulky and I fortunately did not have to drive. We had a bit more booze (something my grandfather bottled in '83, forget what it was, but it was very good) when we got back & spent the rest of the evening reading. I read this book, which my aunt had had signed by the chef, and it was really fun. Do not read it if you are in danger of consuming a mountain of pastries by reading about them. I had cravings for chocolate croissants the whole time. We slept like logs, again, this time joined by my parents' dog.

In the morning, I made eggs (local ones from free-range chickens) and heated up some Canadian bacon. We stopped for lunch in town at an Irish bar and I got Shepard's pie. It was okay, a little bland, and must have had flour in the sauce because I got a stomach ache and heartburn later. We had a terrifying dinner later of "loaded nachos", with corn chips, ground beef with custom taco seasoning, and cheese. I could've gone for some fresh Trader Joe's salsa, but didn't want to make another trip out. We also went and got some groceries, then relaxed to some Warehouse 13 & a glass of (awful) wine. My toes were a bit unhappy this morning. I'll try sulfite-free wine next time I bother with it, but this was a free bottle from ages ago.

Something I finally pieced together: I've always had excellent poops at Baba's! I think it must be something in the (well) water, or just feeling relaxed there. I can remember noticing this even as a kid, but now it's more apparent to me given my troubles with constipation. It would be nice to stay up there for longer to see how it affects my regularity.

Anywho, I'll get the link to my blog up this evening. I took some pictures and overall it was an excellent weekend.
    Journal

Depression Lies