Page 443 of 933 FirstFirst ... 343393433441442443444445453493543 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,430 of 9327

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change?

Shop Now
    Its getting so close! HOW EXCITING!

How to cure lactose intolerance
    I think I want to try this. Up until last year, I could eat dairy just fine. If I start having a few spoonfuls of homemade yogurt with each meal... Who knows? It'll be delicious, anyway. Two quarts of yogurt would last me quite a while that way . I need to make sure I get the bifidobacterium longum strain ingested somehow. I will have to see what Threelac has and maybe switch to the recommended Jarro-Dophilus.

I don't think I really need dairy in my life, but dammit, it would be really nice to be able to eat some yogurt at least.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

Glad the constipation is gone. I hope Fae doesn't escape. Good luck with your next experiment.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

^ ditto

I've been lactose intolerant since the age of 30. I would get severe cramps (like birthing pains) and have diarrhea to the point that only water was being eliminated. Its not fun. Its a very common thing for adults to stop making the enzyme that digests the lactose (lactase). I've always taken Lactaid when I want to have dairy. It would be great to be able to eat dairy without a pill. I will watch with great interest if you decide to take on this experiment! Good luck!

Operation Free-Boobing is going well (yes this whole paragraph is going to be TMI about my boobs). The shape of my breasts has changed a bit over the course of the week w/o a bra. It's interesting to me. I think I might've worn a bra earlier this week, and I wore a tank-top with a "bra shelf" at least once (starting to feel more uncomfortable in those too, might cut the bra out). With tighter fitting tops, I just need to make sure it's tight enough to smooth the nipples. A bump is fine, I can't help that, but I'd like to avoid having too much definition through the fabric. A fitted camisole would probably be enough for a lot of my shirts. In fact, I should get a few "nude" colored ones for my white shirts! Cycling w/o a bra is no longer weird. I think they're getting less sensitive to air flow, which is convenient.

I got a nose bleed this morning and couldn't use the neti pot. I hope I can use it without any issues tomorrow. I woke up with a lot of snot. It was probably from having the window open all night. I took a stinging nettle leaf capsule before bed, but I guess that didn't help. I won't bother refilling the bottle when I'm done with it.

Yesterday at work, I felt all fatigued and irritable. I got out of work and started cycling and immediately felt better. That's very nice, but also inconvenient. I don't think I'm going to change professions anytime soon and my line of work is very stationary and VERY indoors.

I've been back at 150 mg of 5-HTP and 1500 mg of L-Tyrosine for a couple of days now and I feel better. I need to place a Vitacost order soon. I think I want to get Lactoferrin to replace the Colostrum and try a different probiotic soon. Cori says Primal Defense. I saw a recommendation elsewhere for Jarro-dophilus. I'm undecided. I kind of want to up the Threelac dose for a little, but I don't want to waste it.

Current supplements
    -5-HTP
    -L-Tyrosine
    -Inositol
    -Colostrum powder
    -Stinging nettle leaf (for allergies, don't think it helps)
    -digestive enzymes
    -Allegra & Zantac generic (for allergies)
    -Threelac
    -Vitex

Thinking of changing to
    -5-HTP
    -L-Tyrosine
    -new probiotic?
    -Lactoferrin
    -Magnesium citrate
    -Eleuthero (for libido/anxiety?)
    -Peppermint oil (before meals)
    -Allegra & Zantac

I'm not going to run out of the gut stuff for a little while yet. I guess I can start with just re-stocking on 5-HTP and L-Tyrosine and acquire some of the other things as I run out.

I'm not having any rice today. I brought a mashed up sweet potato to eat with my sausages & apple for lunch. I hope I can figure out what's causing all this gas soon. I've been using some anti-gas pills to help get it out more comfortably. I woke up with gas this morning. I didn't eat late so I guess my digestion paused overnight?
    Journal

Depression Lies

I wish I could STAND to go without a bra, but mine are modestly large and without a bra, they lay against my rib cage, which creates a sticky space - much like going without deodorant causes a sticky space under the arm.

I have read that not wearing a bra allows the breast tissue to do the work of holding them in place - i.e. strengthens them, much like wearing no shoes is suppose to strengthen the arches of the feet - it allows nature to do its job. Lucky you - a natural breast lift.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I wish I could STAND to go without a bra, but mine are modestly large and without a bra, they lay against my rib cage, which creates a sticky space - much like going without deodorant causes a sticky space under the arm.

I have read that not wearing a bra allows the breast tissue to do the work of holding them in place - i.e. strengthens them, much like wearing no shoes is suppose to strengthen the arches of the feet - it allows nature to do its job. Lucky you - a natural breast lift.
    When I want to go bra-less, such as when camping or boating........ I just put deodorant under the girls too works GREAT! and if its a really hot day, an extra little bit of talcum powder is all that I need. and yes, at 52, the girls are saggin' so there is lots of skin to skin to cause issues...............

I can't tell if I got a light cold. The sinus pressure has been bad all week, my throat has been sore from post nasal drip, I have a light cough from that, and, starting this morning, my nose has been running. Sorry for the grossness, but the mucous is thick. I haven't been sick in so long, I don't remember what it feels like! I have felt a bit more tired this week, but nothing really bad. I mean, I still cycled to and from work 3 days (when it didn't rain). Well, tonight I will take some Vitamin C and Dayquil or Nyquil. Tomorrow, I will use the neti pot again. If I am sick, it's not that bad and I am doing all the right things to get rid of this anyway.

If this is just a new and terrible form of allergies, I would feel really depressed if not for the 5-HTP.
    Journal

Depression Lies

I think thick mucous indicates a viral thing - not allergies - but I could be wrong. I hope its just a quick cold and you'll be on the mend soon

Shop Now
    I used some of my birthday money to take us out to dinner tonight. We went to a local BBQ place with Chip. I had some kind of sweet tea lemonade alcoholic beverage. It was nice. Something in the mash potatoes or maybe just the alcohol decided I needed to clean house later, however.

Now I'm sneezing a lot and my nose is gross & I have gotten more nosebleeds. It's a lovely combination, let me tell you. Time for some Nyquil and passing out, I think.
    Journal

Depression Lies