Battery of Blood Tests --- is this list complete?
I got my first physical yesterday and everything looks good -- although doc is a "little concerned" about how might my BMI is -- even though I probably have 12-15% body fat. I just told her I was trying to increase my BMI by lifting weights:-).
And here are the tests that were ordered up for me. I want to make sure this is complete before I got in.
COMPLETE BLOOD CELL COUNT
COMPREHENSIVE METABOLIC PANEL
PROSTATE SPECIFIC ANTIGEN
FERRITIN (IRON TEST)
I would like to know if there is anything I should add to the list to be complete. I'm a 54 year old male -- with a 95% compliant Primal Diet with a strong PHD influence around supplements. One of the things I especially want to check is if I'm overdoing expensive supplements -- with my healthy diet.
- [B]high fat[/B] (coconut oil, Kerrygold butter, 3 range-free eggs/day)(avoid Omega 6 a la PHD)
- [B]med-low carbs[/B] and only at dinner of after workout; no grains, 1-2 fruit/berries/day, sweet/white potatoes, quinao and well prepared lentils
- [B]moderate protein[/B]: beef/lamb/wild fish/eggs (infrequent pork or poultry) and protein cycling on workout days (no protein all day until after ~ 6PM workout)
- 1/3-1/2 lb. grass feed beef liver once a week
- Omega 3 fish oil once a day
- Vitamin D3 (daily in winter to 2/week in summer)
- K2 - 1/week
- Zinc - 1/week
- Potassium/Iodine daily
- Magnesium daily
- tsp red palm 1/week (vitamin E)
- Vitamin C - 3/day
- B complex - 1/week
- Alpha Lipoic Acid - 1/day
- Creatine 1/day
- L-Glutamine 1/day
- Concentrated whey protein after workouts 2/week