Primal Eating for 10 weeks and severe constipation/change in bowel movement
I really need help/some direction as to WHY my bowel movements have been SO SO strange over the past 3 weeks. To give you a brief idea of me:
- 24 y/o female
- Weight 59kg
- Height 170cm
- I've been training (properly) for about 2 years now, but my transition to a healthy lifestyle started about 4 years ago
- Have not been eating carbs (except those obtained from fruits/veggies/nuts) for about a year now (before primal I used to have a cheat day, which was then reduced to a cheat meal/week), but I have bought and read the Primal Blueprint and have been using it as my bible for 10 weeks.
- I now train 4 days a week (rather than the 6 sessions of 2 hours I used to do months ago)
I have absolutely no dairy (even though Mark says some are okay), no grains and no legumes whatsoever. Believe me, I am very strict with what I put into my body (and I am doing it for the long term health benefits). And, I really enjoy it!
Back to the main issue here; I have been having the strangest bowel movements over the past 3 weeks. My stomach starts turning and churning as soon as I eat anything and I immediately feel the need to go to the toilet. It's so intense that in my mind I feel like passing stool would be instant and easy, but it really isn't. Sometimes barely nothing comes out, and other times it is very watery/runny and not solid.
I think this is so strange, especially because I have eliminated carbs from my diet about a year ago. The only thing I've been doing differently with Primal is not eating dairy and legumes.
[B]This is what I eat on a typical weekday:[/B]
- 2 soft boiled eggs
- 1x small size organic granny smith apple
- Black coffee with 2 sugars
- Very large portion of salad which consists of- mixed salad leaves (kale, spinach, lettuce), 1 cucumber, 1/2 an avocado, 1 tomato, 2 mushrooms, pinch of sunflower seeds, red capsicum.
(My dressing is olive oil, 1/2 a lemon and a generous drizzle of vinegar)
- Protein (either smoked salmon, fresh fish fillet, chicken breast or red meat)
- Black coffee/tea with 2 sugars
- Salad + Protein: exactly the same as above (minus 1/2 avocado and I change up the protein. Eg. If I had salmon for lunch I'll have chicken for dinner)
- Tea with 2 sugars
- Something sweet (Either a teaspoon of almond butter that I make myself from scratch, or, a piece of 85% cocoa dark chocolate).
I stop eating at 6pm, and will fast until 8am the next day. (I used to intermittent fast for 16 hours/day up until 2 months ago, but had to stop because it wasn't working for me when I got a new job).
Any insight as to why I'm experiencing discomfort would be greatly appreciated!!