4. My mood is ridiculously tied to the weather. Living in the UK over the past few years has therefore been...challenging.
6. I've been to Chernobyl.
10. I have no fillings in my teeth :D (Aged 28 in the UK that's an achievement)[/QUOTE]
-Ugh, me too. Lots of Vitamin D helps!
-Wow! What was it like?
-I'm 25 and have never had a cavity or filling. Only dental work has been gum grafts due to too much sugar as a kid/teen (less than most, still) and genetics, beyond the usual cleanings.
[QUOTE=namelesswonder;1200775]-Ugh, me too. Lots of Vitamin D helps!
-Wow! What was it like?
-I'm 25 and have never had a cavity or filling. Only dental work has been gum grafts due to too much sugar as a kid/teen (less than most, still) and genetics, beyond the usual cleanings.[/QUOTE]
A bottle of 10,000 IU capsules arrived today :D
I was there as part of a motorbike for a charity that helps children affected by the nuclear accident - the town itself (Prypiat) is so far gone now that parts of it didn't have much 'feel' left to them - it was like walking through a construction site. 25 years of neglect, vandalism and looting will do that! Some places were amazing - there was an old motoring store still with stock there, and a hotel that was crumbling away. I broke off from the tour and had a look around some old houses - that was eerie.
Few pics here!: [url]https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.5332354092.7557.596159092&type=1&l=13ff8e4f95[/url]
Nice job on the tooth care, nameless :D
[QUOTE=aliphian;1200761]Do you have pictures from Antarctica? I wanna see 'em![/QUOTE]Actually that is going to be part of the South America trip I am planning so I guess I counted it in w/ s. America. I've seen all the other ones.
Oh, crap. This is going to be odd.
1. I'm the 2nd oldest person doing my job in the entire state.
2. I'm a soprano, but I usually sing alto because I sight-read music so well.
3. I also have played violin, bassoon and glockenspiel.
4. At about age 10, I discovered a dead body (my mom's best friend's son committed suicide) but didn't find out until I was in my 30s when my mom brought it up and I had no clue what she was talking about.
5. I've had 7 concussions, 5 of them before I was a teenager and 2 as an adult, and all but one knocking me out completely.
6. I once tried out for cheerleader in a torn Iron Maiden tee and a chain belt just to be obnoxious (I don't cheer).
7. I'm double jointed and didn't know until my doctor told me a few months ago at the age of 48.
8. I don't try to, but if I'm around someone with an accent, I'll pick it up as my own.
9. I can touch my tongue to my nose.
10. I collect vintage sheet music, with my favorites being from the WWI era and earlier.
1 im Canadian and have also lived in the US but am Scottish by infusion
2 i was homeschooled and ive never been to a public school in my life
3 i have worked with dogs for almost 20 years
4 my husband works with me (for the last 5 years) and i havent tried to kill him yet.
5 i had a horse growing up and could ride better bareback than most people could ride with a saddle... I could even ride standing up a la' circus style (wouldent try it now)
6 i have 2 younger sisters back in the States
7 i used to train muai thai and boxing.
8 ive eaten beaver(the animal with the flat tail you pervs.)
9 i met my hubby online
10 computers hate me, ive killed (as in blow up, catch on fire, blue screen of death etc etc) 6 in the last 10 years
1. Never broken a bone even though I've been in two motorcycle accidents.
2. I play fiddle in an oldtime group and sometimes we get paid so I'm a paid musician who can't actually play the fiddle.
3. Our house is almost a pack-rat, hoarder situation.
4. The first place I ever traveled to outside the US was Nepal. The only countries I've ever been to outside the US (not counting flight layovers) are Nepal and India.
5. I have an A.S. degree in Geoscience Technology. I have a B.A. in Women's Studies. I'm a Web Developer.
6. I'm one of these people who dabbles in a lot of things but never gets terribly good at any of them and I like to reinvent myself now and then.
7. I've been with men and women and I'm with a man now. Women are too crazy to be in a relationship with.
8. I have a parrot on one knee and another on my arm. It's really hard to type.
9. I like to read newspapers and drink coffee on the weekend.
10. Even though I work as a Web Developer I know barely anything about computers, I've never joined facebook, I don't have a smart phone and I can't figure out what the heck Twitter is supposed to be.
1 Iím an English mongrel married to an American and we live in England
2 I am passionate about dogs and currently have a black German Shepherd bitch who is 7.
3 I work in mental health and am a nurse by trade.
4 I recovered from a major stroke caused by an allergy to an anaesthetic
5 I met my husband online and knew him for 3 years before we met., we got married 3 days after 9/11. He no longer worked in the WTC as he had moved to England 2 weeks before.
6 I love to read despite being dyslexic and particularly enjoy science fiction and fantasy.
7 I have pancreatic diabetes which isnít type 1, 1.5 or 2 but can present as any of them
8 I have an allergy to wasp and bee stings and hate wasps with a passion but love bees
9 I am generally a happy person but have been severely depressed a couple of times
[FONT="]10 I adore cherries and will buy them no matter how expensive; my dog also adores cherries but I love her enough to share. My husband doesnít like them which is good.[/FONT]
1. I live in the forest and near water. I am spiritually connected to both and feel incomplete without them nearby.
2. I have 2 dogs that are family members. One is 13 years old with arthritis.
3. I am an educator and whenever I visit anywhere with readable stuff on the walls, I read it all.
4. I love reading well written 'whodunits'. In particular, I enjoy European authors.
5. My husband is finally (after 12 years!) creating a bathroom on the top floor. After this weekend, we won't have to go 2 floors down to a washroom.
6. I work from a home office as a curriculum developer, full time and well treated by my employer.
7. My siblings and I all have multiple degrees, including graduate degrees.
8. I feel that "Indigenous Relation to Land" is the only principle that can ensure humanity does not destroy our home (getting a bit primal here:)
9. My husband and sleep differently. I wake early and get up. He sleeps sometimes much later.
10. I speak several languages.
1. Iím of Sicilian descent.
2. I hate bullies (whether psychological or physical) and have gotten my ass kicked a few times standing up to them.
3. My father took me to Woodstock (the 1969 one).
4. I stopped believing in a sentient creator in my mid-20s. I didnít admit it out loud until I was almost 30.
5. Iím a compulsive list maker.
6. Since the age of 18, Iíve lived in seven different states, three of them being the entire west coast. ;)
7. When people meet me, they think Iím gregarious, but left to my own devices, I could almost become a shut-in.
8. I use plastic shoe boxes to keep my freezer orderly.
9. I broke my wrist in a head-on collision sitting in the back of a UHaul moving van when I was 17.
10. Iím a serial monogamist.
What the hell, I'll play along
1) I also have no depth perception due to multiple retina detachments (damn lucky I can see anything)
2) I'm adopted
3) I was 5 days old when I was adopted and have had no desire to track down my birth parents. The couple that raised me are my mom and dad
4) I have tinnitus that is permanent and due to a combination of sirens from when I was a paramedic, too many rock concerts and too much loud music on my headphones
5) I still listen to heavy metal, by headphones and too loud
6) I have done radiation monitoring in a former Soviet Union nuclear weapons test zone
7) I miss running trauma as a paramedic, was way too much fun. Well, for me anyway, maybe not my patients
8) I used to have a 59 Caddie hearse, all original and was fun to take to the drive in movies
9) I love to hang out in graveyards
10) I was goth before anyone, including myself, knew what goth was