Bored with my food - any suggestions?
Well, I'm not bored yet per say... but I'm starting to feel a distinct repetitiveness in what I'm eating!
Typically my meals cycle around:
- Sea Food (shrimp, mussels, calamari, sea weed)
- Ground beef
- Wild salmon
- Lamb (usually cooked in it's own broth)
- Liver (rarely)
- Minimal dairy (milk, a bit of yogurt)
- Coconut milk
- All fruit and veg
I'm stumped about what else I could eat. Those are the only foods I actually crave but I know I'm going to start getting sick of them soon. Breakfast is getting particularly challenging: I don't always feel like eggs and I prefer to eat something warming first thing in the day. I've been wanting oatmeal lately, but it's purely cos' of the comfort factor...
I don't eat:
- Chicken or pig
- Quinoa (tears my stomach up)
- Edit: Nuts or seeds (try to limit PUFA)
- Organs (other than liver... I'm just not ready...!)
Would love your suggestions :)
EDIT: to everyone suggesting I use spices: you've missed this sentence------------> [B]Oh, if anyone is looking for ideas on how to combine flavours, spices etc. I recommend "[URL="http://www.flavourthesaurus.com/about-the-book/"]The Flavour Thesaurus.[/URL]" It's amazing![/B]