Three weeks of primal
Here are the benefits/victories I've noticed so far:
About an 1 1/2 off my waist (I don't weigh myself very often and imagine that Grok didn't either; then again, he probably didn't measure his waist either :)
My chronic gum issues seem to have improved greatly; no gory details but they look much healthier and evidence of infection during flossing is nil.
Relatively new digestive symptoms are better, but I think I've come to the conclusion that I have silent reflux and low hcl. Hoping this all gets better.
My face has new countours :D
Craving vegetables. Mashed cauliflower, especially. I used to despise it! Eating a ton of greens.
Not missing wheat at all! Ughh, some of it seems so disgusting right now.
1. Lose the excess energy I'm hoarding. I suppose this is 20 or 30 lbs, but like I said before I don't weigh often, and am less concerned about numbers than I am feeling and looking healthy.
2. Have the energy to kayak long distances.
3. No more adrenal fatigue or autoimmune symptoms or whatever the hell has plagued me for years. Getting better! (I am not VLC for this reason; I eat a moderate amount of carbs and find my energy is better this way.)
4. Live a much more active lifestyle and model this for my 9 year old daughter.
5. Write a success story on my one year anniversary.
6. Turn 50 in 2 1/2 years, feeling amazing. Okay, I wouldn't mind looking amazing either but figure that will be a by-product of health and wellness.
If you've made it this far, thanks for reading! So happy to be back on track with this.
Keep up the good work! You will be writing your success story before you know it.
Great goals Tornadogirl, and great progress already. Thanks for the inspiration.
Thank you for the encouragement! Still doing great. I'm not craving anything non-primal and loving my cooking experiments. My biggest challenge is that I wish I had someone close by to share this experience with. I want a primal friend :) My early attempts at primal evangelism haven't paid off yet. I know that will happen in time, though. I'm very excited about improving my daughter's diet so much so soon. She's been a lot more flexible than I though she would be, eating lots of salmon, mashed cauliflower, butternut squash, etc.
Hey that's fantastic. So pleased for you.
I know what you mean about wishing you could share it with someone. That's why I started my journal on here, because it felt like I was telling someone, even though it's not really read much. :)