YOUR barefoot/ minimalist running experience
My name is Daniel and I am a Sport Science Undergraduate at Bournemouth University, UK.
I am currently doing my dissertation on barefoot and minimalist (BFM) running as it is a keen point of interest for me (I have been running barefoot and in Vibram FiveFingers for over two years). The title of my dissertation is:
[I]An exploratory study into the world of barefoot and minimalist running
I am hoping that some of you will be willing to share with me your experiences of BFM running, which would help me achieve the overall aim of my research:
[I]To explore the experiences of those who adopt barefoot and minimalist running[/I]
Below are a few questions which may facilitate responses:
• What motivated you to take up BFM running?
• How did you transition to BFM running?
• Has BFM running influenced your performance?
• Has BFM running influenced your injury rates?
• What barriers have you experienced/ overcome (if any)?