Honestly, follow the program that is working for you and then to "look good" for your friend, go buy a really flattering outfit, spanx if you have bulges that annoy you and get a haircut etc.
Looking attractive has not a lot to do with 10 or 15 lbs. If you lose 15 lbs in 2 weeks and your clothes hang off you, you won't look any better than if you squeezed into a too small size of clothing. And looking attractive also comes down to healthy skin and hair, which you can fuck up if you diet too much.
Very lean meat; i.e. plenty of skin less chicken breasts, tuna in water etc. with loads of green fibrous vegetables, one tablespoon of cod liver oil and one multivitamin. Water and coffee.
Would I recommend a diet like that for rapid weight loss for two weeks? Indeed not!!! But you would lose weight very fast if you do not follow my advice and did it anyway…
This is a totally vain question and please keep in mind that I know and believe and adhere to the fact that slow weight loss = permanent weight loss, however...I have an old friend (pre-baby) visiting in 15 days that I haven't seen in 15 years, and I'd just like to know how I can maximize my fat loss (in a healthy way) by then. Thanks for your advice![/QUOTE]
Try the Potato Reset! Usually good for 3-5lbs a week.
1. Plan on eating mostly potatoes for 5-7 days (90%+ of calories)
2. Eat between 2 and 4lbs of potatoes daily.
3. Other foods allowed (but optional!): 1/2 cup sauerkraut, 1 cup bone broth, 1 tsp max daily coconut oil, olive oil, or butter,
1-2oz lean meat daily. Unlimited coffee, tea, and water.
4. Spices, salt, pepper, and vinegar OK.
5. Lifting of Heavy Things discouraged, think 'de-load week'
6. All normal supplements OK to continue
7. IF'ing, especially by skipping breakfast encouraged.
8. If you need to lose more weight, alternate the "Potato Reset" diet with healthy Primal Blueprint in 5-7 day increments.
9. Not recommended for people who eat every 2-3 hours, have glucose issues, or have eating disorders.
10. Highly recommended for people who have their hunger under control, have been eating PB style for 6 months or more, and are having trouble losing weight with the normal approaches.
Protein Sparing Modified Fast, with bone broth and potassium ("no salt" seasoning).
Magnolia's right. Go out and buy an outfit that looks great on you NOW! Is this a male or female friend? And why are your looks that important? Last time I saw a friend that I hadn't seen in about that much time (both of us pre-kids) I really couldn't tell you if she was the same weight as she was when I'd last seen her, it was just so much fun to see her again!
I've always had the best results with restricting the majority of my carb intake to just sweet potatoes, since they're virtually impossible to overeat. Although you'll want to cycle off of them every so often, either to low-carb or to other starches, to avoid oxalate buildup.