Weight Gain Meal and Exercise Plans
I've posted here previously: [url]http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65629.html[/url]
Basically, I'm a 15 year-old female. Currently 5"1 or 5"2, weight hovering at around 83lbs. I'm recovering from a 2-3 month long bout of anorexia. I probably ate around 600-800 kcals everyday while restricting, not actually THAT low.
Anyway, I'm trying to gain weight. I expect fat gain, obviously, with my BMI, but I don't want it to be excessive. So I'd like to try gain back as much lean muscle as possible (which I have lost some of, I think.) Any suggestions? My main concerns:
1) [B]Caloric count.[/B] Should I just go by intuitive eating, or hit a certain count everyday? I see ED recovery forums recommending at least 2500kcals to increase metabolism, but that sounds terribly high and I'm pretty small-framed.
2) [B]Macronutrient ratios.[/B] I think some blogs like paleopepper recommend higher carbs. I currently eat about 30% fat, 60% protein, 10% carbs. Should I adjust this? I ask this especially because I heard that to rebuild muscle, we need glycogen and water.
3) [B]Carbs.[/B] Should I stick to safe starches like sweet potatoes and yams? Or should I venture down the spectrum: potatoes, rice, or even grains!? What about fruits?
4) [B]Fats.[/B] I have no problem with nuts, fatty fish, oils. I just hesitate more when it comes to saturated animal fats (ie. "visible" ones, like those on pork chops).
5) [B]Catabolism and exercise. [/B] What sort of exercise should I be doing? Or even do any? I desperately don't want to gain back excessive fat, as I've said, but I don't want to continue catabolising any protein either. ): It's such a dilemma for someone wanting to recover from ED. I KNOW I need to eat more to regain muscle, but at the same time I worry about the composition and redistribution of the regained weight.
Any and all advice is appreciated! :D Sample meal plans, exercise plans, experience in weight gain and/or ED recovery (esp. anorexia)!