suuuuper yummy meatballs!
[recipe is adapted from one that I do not remember the origin of!]
1 pound [or so] ground beef
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 onion, diced
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1/2 Herbamare Original or spicy
3/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
3/4 tsp dried oregano
hot sauce to taste
1/3 cup grated Parmegiano Reggiano
1/4 cup 35% heavy cream
1/3 cup crushed Mary's Organic gluten-free crackers, herb flavour [I][B][optional][/I][/B]
your favourite tomato sauce [I used Whole 365]
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
2. Place the beef into a mixing bowl, and add salt, onion, Herbamare, garlic, Italian seasoning, oregano, red pepper flakes, hot sauce, and mix until fully combined [really get your hands into it!]. Add the cream, cheese, and crushed crackers. Mix until all of the ingredients are distributed evenly, then form into balls [it will make about 12], and place onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper
3. Bake for about 20 minutes [they will get a nice brown crust
4. Warm the tomato sauce in a saucepan on the stove while your meatballs cook
5. Remove meatballs from the oven and transfer to a plate and cover with sauce
Is your name really Jessa? We only knew 1 other when we named our 1st born and now there seems to be many.
no my name is jessica, its just a nickname
Another great way to do meatballs is to use 1/3 lb ground beef, 1/3 lb ground pork, 1/3 lb ground veal (a.k.a meatloaf mix in most U.S. supermarkets but you could/should definitely grind it yourself if you have the means). The taste/texture is out of this world and those red pepper flakes are the key!