Not sure if it's been mentioned earlier in this thread but have you tried bulletproof coffee? That might be a good way to get your spoonful of coconut oil in the morning. Plus....it's delicious and freaks people out when you tell them you take butter and coconut oil in your coffee :-).
Here's the link to the recipe: [url=http://www.bulletproofexec.com/how-to-make-your-coffee-bulletproof-and-your-morning-too/]Recipe: How to Make Your Coffee Bulletproof...And Your Morning Too | The Bulletproof Executive[/url]
Of course... as it cools you might wind up with a layer of grease so I also recommend having a good thermos; This is the one I use -- keeps my coffee hot for a couple hours and warm for another 4! [url=http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/HikingCamping/VacuumBottles/PRD~5023-435/thermos-vacuum-insulated-tumbler-470-ml.jsp]Thermos Vacuum Insulated Tumbler 470 ml - Mountain Equipment Co-op. Free Shipping Available[/url] (I'm sure Adventure Guide will carry them).
Also, there's LOTS on bulletproof coffee around the forum. I take about 1.5 tspn of butter and 1 tsp of coconut oil per cup but I might increase that as I get used to it.
I love you guys! I had to go back 2 pages to edit yesterdays food post with what I actually had for dinner. The response and support you all give me is so much appreciated!!
Dodgeball is back on tonight. As sick as it is after all I put myself though last week with the airs quats workout I want to do it again after dodge ball tonight or possibly tomorrow morning.
Breakfast- 2 eggs with green onion, avacado, ground beef, and summer sausage scrambled in. 3 strips of bacon on the side. 1TBSP Coconut Oil
Lunch- Chicken garlic sausage, 1 scotch egg. Packed 2 cups of veggies (green peppers, celery, cherry toms and baby carrots) and 1 cup mixed berries (black, rasp, blue). Will likely eat half of the veggies and berries at lunch, the other half at dinner.
Dinner- Most likely going to finish off the goat and cauliflower rice.... I swear I made too much of each. ;)
and CS. I'll get to trying your *ahem* coffee when I get to my next paycheck. Things are slightly tight right now. :)
Bulletproof Coffee only gets the floating fat problem if you use a tiny battery powered hand blender. The best flavor and texture comes from using a real blender, pre-heated with boiling water. That makes amazing creamy latte-like drinks that hold together very well, especially when a little high capric/caprylic MCT is part of the recipe. Coconut oil is 60% MCT, but there are 4 MCT lengths. It takes 6 Tbs of coconut oil to make 1 Tbs of this stuff. Plus, lauric acid (lots of the other 40% of coconut oil) floats and is hard to blend. :)
And yes, a killer thermos makes a big difference. Must make sure it's not coated with BPA or other plasticizers on the inside. You don't need estrogen blended with your morning awesomeness. :)
[QUOTE=bulletproofexec;702284] High capric/caprylic MCT is part of the recipe. Coconut oil is 60% MCT, but there are 4 MCT lengths. It takes 6 Tbs of coconut oil to make 1 Tbs of this stuff. Plus, lauric acid (lots of the other 40% of coconut oil) floats and is hard to blend. :)[/QUOTE]
What types of oil have a high MCT? And for the rest of my leptin reset should I be taking a tablespoon of that oil over coconut?
So we're getting better at the whole dodgeball thing... Still haven't won a game but we're coming much closer as a team. Did 100 airsquats for time again this morning before work. 6:09? I believe was the time?
Breakfast- 2 eggs with green onion, green peppers, avacado, ground beef, and summer sausage scrambled in. 2 strips of bacon on the side. 1TBSP Coconut Oil
Didn't finish lunch (or even come close yesterday) so I pretty much took the same food back to work today (though needed to replenish coconut oil and scotch egg). Finished today
Didn't eat dinner yesterday so I had tonght what I had planned on yesterday (Goat and cauliflower)
Woo! Just got back from swimming... Cut down on the structure of "lap then 70 seconds tread" and went for more of a numbers game today. 38 laps, half on my front half on my back x22m = 836m. I did tread water a bit too but only long enough to rest my arms and continue. I guess the next goal would be to get at least 28m of my swim on my front. All in good time.
Woke up late this morning so my meals were poorly prepared.
Breakfast- 2 Fried eggs over hard, Chicken garlic sausage cut up and pan grilled, 1tbsp of coconut oil
Lunch- Pork but chop, 1 cup blackberries, whole green pepper (didn't even have time to cut it up in the morn), 1tbsp coconut oil
Dinner- Liver and onions, asparagus, 3/4 cup blueberries, 1tbsp coconut oil
It still looks like great food (minus the nightshades for me). Do you make your own sausage?
I can't imagine you not losing weight on that food and exercise regimen.
Have a super day.
Hey, I found a place (baronfarms.com) that has bacon ends WITH NO SUGAR. Yippee! It's even in my own State of Washington.
5/21/12: Baron's contacted me. That was a mistake on one of their parts. Their bacon does have sugar!
I've been wondering where the heezy everyone is getting their bacon. Sure, all bacon you buy is low-carb, but I can't really find any that has zero sugar in it. In the meantime, the apple-wood smoked kind at Trader Joes is A LOT better than anything at a conventional grocery store - that stuff is disgusting.
@lipisheep I don't make my own sausage but I do have the privilege of being able to get organic drug free sausage from the market.
@lex Try going to butchers, preferably butchers who do grassfed. They tend to have the best bacon! :)
Breakfast- Well I didn't have eggs. So I made scrambled meat instead. Scrambled meat! Ground beef, bacon, baby beef liver, summer sausage, green onions, mushrooms, spinach. 1TBSP coconut oil
Lunch- Leftover breakfast, 1 cup mixed berries, 1.5 cup veggies
Dinner- about 5 ounces of steak... I threw it in the oven as i showered to go out. Bit of a rushed night
Breakfast- The left over meat scramble from previous day. 1tbsp of coconut oil
Lunch- 1 Stuffed Red pepper. (Red and green peppers stuffed with ground beef, green onions, mushrooms, spinach, olive oil, an egg and loaded up with spices.) and a bullet proof coffee (Locally roasted coffee with 1.5tbsp of coconut oil and 1.5 tbsp of butter put into the blender), 3/4 cup blueberries
Dinner- Julienne salad @ omega family restaurant. Only ate half, no cheese, raspberry vinaigrette.