[QUOTE=fatboy;670770]ok cool thanks very much for your replies. these meals all seem very high in cholesterol though :O
are you sure this is healthy long term as opposed to just being able to lose weight?
thanks for your help. lots of questions obviously as just starting all of this!
Hi there :)
I thought the same thing and was 'trusting the process' until I saw Fat Head...it helped me understand what cholesterol is and why eating this way is a long term and sustainable way to eat for our health...AND losing weight
You can get in on YouTube for free if you don't mind watching it online - It really clarified things and made my eating choices much easier....perhaps it could help you too :)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVEiYwFvKvU]Fat Head - YouTube[/url]
This is the sausage they're usually talking about:
It's ground meat sausage. It's disgusting :-P It's not smoked or pre-cooked, when you buy it, the casing is gray! EWWW!!!
Geez, I'm getting a stomach-ache just looking at those pancakes.
Thanks - thats what I thought. Isnt that just all processed meat with all the bad stuff?
Most people need to eat MORE cholesterol.
[QUOTE=Buzz71;670855]Thanks - thats what I thought. Isnt that just all processed meat with all the bad stuff?[/QUOTE]
It's not quite like hot-dogs, where the meat (and who knows what else) doesn't even resemble meat.
This sausage has ground pork or ground beef stuffed into a casing, it's not cooked or smoked at all, you buy it completely raw. They usually add spices to it, but nothing else, I think.
[QUOTE=abstractpersona;670864]It's not quite like hot-dogs, where the meat (and who knows what else) doesn't even resemble meat.
This sausage has ground pork or ground beef stuffed into a casing, it's not cooked or smoked at all, you buy it completely raw. They usually add spices to it, but nothing else, I think.[/QUOTE]
Ahhh ok, now I am with you. I found some decent sausage recently, 90% beef ... unfortunately the other 10% had gluten :(
This is future spicey sausage patties
Hey! No dogs or goats on my pork sausage! (actually the picture is too small, what are those things to the far left?
Those pigs are too cute! I want to hug them <3
The pigs we had growing up were always just plain pink. Boriiiiing (but tasty).
There are goats on that ranch and certainly dogs are there too. I trust their ethics enough not to grind them up into sausages though. I was actually looking for a good product photo but I will have to take one myself. I am fortunate to live in an area with plenty of ranches and a local processor.
[url=http://www.nourishingdays.com/2010/07/fluffy-coconut-flour-pancakes/]Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes[/url]
just made these tonight for tom'w morning... yummy and a nice change from the eggs I've been eating for brekky for the last year :)