For me it is shoes. I can get rid of clothes, and stuff, and even most books, but the shoes not so much. My DD and I actually have a closet where there is a shoe purgatory. If we haven't worn a pair for a year or so we take it to purgatory, and there they stay for a few more years, until we decide they are not coming back in style or they were just too uncomfortable even for the shortest parties and then they can make their way sadly out the door.
Today, big sigh. I do not understand my body and what happens on the scale. All I can say is that my pants don't fit and things are uncomfortable...but not going down. Ugh. A busy day at work, also. Another sigh:)
On the bright side, it is a beautiful day. I have plenty of food for myself and meals for the family. The house is clean and already have the laundry going.
It's going to be a great day (PMA!).
Are you doing mostly meat now?
A beautiful day makes PMA a bit easier.
It is cloudy and drizzly at my house. Similar to how I am feeling. Glad I am not in school today.
PMA can be work when it is ugly out.
Okay, so do you know what I want to do that I feel like my weight is holding me back? I want to rock climb. Not big, scary rocks, but smaller ones (bouldering, I think, may be more the term). My upper body is too weak and I have to much weight. I've wanted to do this since college. We have a great gym here locally. Some day...............
ok, but to prepare for that you could start upper body training now, right? (And for heavens sake you are not that heavy!) I have actually let all of my exercising slip away since I got this sinus stuff. But starting back today slowly on the treadmill.
Ugh. I have to say, [I]I do NOT understand my body[/I]. Up again - 166.4. SIGH............................................. It's one thing to be up after a big calorie day. Or because I ate a lot of sugar and other stuff. But, honestly? My eating has been pretty good. Not perfect -- but compared to most everyone, pretty darned good.
Here's what I know:
* Higher calorie (anything beyond about 1200 calories/day) definitely results in weight gain.
* Carbs are not my friend. Some (like most veggies) make my stomach hurt. Some my stomach does okay with (e.g., potatoes), but that leads to weight gain. [Note - at some point, I'll probably work on the tolerance. However, right now, I'm not really into dealing with it.]
* Low cal has also resulted in gain, but not at the same speed/level as higher calorie/higher carb.
* I have made my body super mad. The acne is terrible - worse than it has been in so long. My nose is bright red (it usually runs red) and blistered (and I haven't been out in the sun to get sun burnt -- I think this is part of my rosacea). I have some eczema spots. I'm gaining weight, even when the calories would say it should not be possible (and, since I'm eating at home, it's easier to know that I'm decently accurate in my calorie counts).
* This tells me some of my issues are food comp. There could also be residual issues.
* For example, I don't know what I ate a lot of last week. It was at home, except for one meal, but at the end of the day, I couldn't tell you what I ate. I know it was higher calorie than I'm used to. It's wasn't anything fun -- no cakes, cookies, chips, crackers, chocolate bars, etc. A homemade gluten-free/dairy-free cookie or two, but that's it.
* There have been veggies. Not a ton, but perhaps enough to cause some bloating. There was a decent amount of cauliflower on Tuesday. Yesterday, a few bites of DH rice. I also made a super-hot curry (we both like really hot food, but I don't often make it hot because mom can't tolerate it, so I have probably lost some of my ability to digest it well...another sigh). But not clean.
I'm at a loss. Today, I want to cry. Or throw my hands up in the air and say ____ this all. Of course, continue to gain weight is not what I want, so I won't do that. I know I should cut all all carbs, but frankly, I'm not in a mental place. And, I have to say it here, "that's not fair". I'm not talking about sugar, etc. If I can't have that stuff, while I don't like it, I could deal with it (although it's not fair:)). But no salad? No cauliflower? I love me some meat, but frankly, it's boring and hard to eat when life has to be so limited.
On the bright side, sleep is getting better... That's something, right?