I think the silver anti-bacterial ointment is doing the trick! My toes feel TONS better this morning, and look quite a bit better as well. I slathered on more before donning my socks and will put on more after work and after my shower tonight! So glad I got it. I usually Google "natural remedies" for whatever issue I'm having to see how legitimate they seem, based on my accumulated Primal know-how. Wrapping in clean bandages with tea tree oil and using ointment with silver (which has anti-microbial properties) were recommended. Seemed worth a shot. Maybe I'll do another epsom salt soak with tea tree oil this evening and put the ointment on after.
I was at work last night until almost 8PM after coming back from Boyfriend's appointment. 2 hrs of overtime FTW. I'll do my full update in a bit, just wanted to mention this now because we ordered pizza last night. It's no help to my gut, but I needed a break. While waiting at CVS for Boyfriend's prescription on my way home, I realized I just couldn't deal with food. We got some 3-topping meaty pizza from Dominos. It was salty, which was nice, but otherwise meh. Whatever, it was fuel, and that's all I wanted. I'd rather save my sushi for a GOOD night. Chicken is ready and waiting if Boyfriend doesn't want to order out again tonight and I think, being Friday, I'll have the energy to deal with it.
Okay, update time.
sleeeepppyyy but adrenaline is keeping me going. Don't know if that's good or bad.
Gut is kinda fucked. I need a week of good eats to get this bitch back in line. Resolve is kind of weak right now. I feel pretty good about most things (this very moment), but really like, "What's the fucking use?" about my gut problems. Why can't I poop regularly without intervention?!!??! No idea when the SIBO test results will be back. It hasn't even been a week yet.
The ring is ready!!! <3 <3 <3 Boyfriend said he'll come with me to pick it up tomorrow. I have been thinking more about all the stress I'm under at work, his broken foot, mortality (specifically, my grandmother's) and I need to talk to him about all that. I feel right now that I don't want to wait more than a month or two for official engagement. Life is too precious and I am impatient. I may just need a week to wind down from all this work crap, but I'll let him know where my head is at, anyway.
BTW, the doc he saw for his foot yesterday called his foot doc, and the foot doc said there's basically no way he re-broke it (he was just sitting when it started to hurt really badly). It's feeling better today. So, we'll keep babying it and pray that 3 weeks from now, he can take off the cast :(.
I didn't bring lunch today. The adrenaline from keeping busy and stress is keeping me from getting very hungry, though I was around 11 AM (had eggs and a bowl of cereal this morning, probably too much sugar). I've had almost 27 oz of water today (from my Klean Kanteen) and should really aim for another full bottle.
My day is over in about 2.5 hrs. I don't think the printer issues I'm dealing with at work are going to get fixed in that time frame, so things are winding down to a reasonable roar and I can relax a little. But not too much or I might fall asleep or collapse.
TMI/Body: My boobs, guys, my boobs! I will stop talking about them when they either go back to normal or I get used to them being bigger. Actually fitting into a 34A (but not most, just the smaller brands) is crazzzyyy. This sudden change coincides with me taking the EC, but we're also both (me and Boyfriend, not me and my boobs) a little worried that it could be pregnancy. He keeps forgetting that he's already asked me if I've taken a test yet. I was going to wait until next week, when I was originally supposed to start shark week, but I might take one this weekend and take another next week, if I need to, to be absolutely sure =\. Hate stressing about this.
There's no harm in taking one now. The wondering is hard.
It took more time than just a few days after I got pregnant for my boobs to expand. It could just be because the vitex has fixed your hormones. How long ago did you take the EC?
I might look into Vitex. Maca isn't help my libido... do you take vitex everyday or only on certain days of your cycle?
Unless you're dead set (or he is) on a special proposal, why can't he do it tonight? It doesn't have to be mind-blowingly romantic. It's not like you don't know it's coming... and it's not like it's a story that comes up in every day conversation, you know? if you didn't know it was going to happen, it would be different - like if he was surprising you with a ring and all, but you know what it looks like and you know he has it, so no surprise there!
Glad the new treatment for your foot is working. I hope boyfriend's foot starts to feel better soon.
Oh, and from experience, pregnancy tests work within 10 days of ovulation... so if you know how long your cycle is, you can be relatively sure when you ovulate - usually 10-12 days before the start of shark week. I learned about both of my pregnancies within 10 and 7 days after ovulation (I was a tracker - tracking temps, cervical mucous, etc - that's how we got pregnant in the first month both times we tried to get pregnant. I can tell you the date and time of when we got pregnant... obsess much? lol)
The EC was taken the evening of 1/14. If for whatever reason I'd gotten knocked up 72 hrs prior to taking it (incident in question was 24 hrs prior to taking it), still could've gotten pregnant since it's not effective after 72 hrs, or not as effective. I'm sure I'll track ovulation when we start planning/trying for offspring, so I don't actually know when I ovulate now. If I ovulate 7-10 days before shark week, that would've been in the middle of this week, but the soreness and size has been increasing for the past couple of weeks.
I think I will take the test tomorrow AM.
Maybe I don't need the Vitex anymore, but I didn't have soreness or anything like this when I tried the higher dose.
My doc told me to take Vitex everyday for my low progesterone. She said to re-test in a few months, so I'll probably wait until I have a full cycle after the EC so that doesn't throw things off (a couple more months, then).
Proposal: I think I'd like him to do something special, so I'm okay with tightening in the time frame (because it was anywhere up to 6 months when he mentioned he had a few ideas that need significant planning), but not making it too soon so that he can't arrange/afford something. Baba is not in the best of health, she gets worse every year and practically every month now. I think we could risk a few months, but anything beyond that and I worry that she won't be with us anymore. She's still living at home, at least, but I don't think she'd let anyone put her anywhere else.
I am trying to take the path of Zen, but damn, some users really get to me.
Considering removing links to my blog from signature. Removing Vitacost referral link. It's on my blog anyway.
 If you need the link to my blog for your bookmarks, PM me. I'll make note here when I update it, but I haven't been updating much anyway.
I might look into the vitex. Do you think it would be a bad idea to take it without getting tested?
Hmm.... I don't know. I've definitely taken plenty of supplements without any test to say whether I should or not. I am erring more on the side of caution nowadays, but I still take chances plenty.
For $5-10, I think it's worth trying for a month or two. I'd suggest just taking one capsule daily for the first month, try two if that doesn't seem to do anything. I increased by one capsule every week or two after the first month and hit the high libido point about 2-3 weeks in, at 3 or 4 capsules daily. I backed off over the course of another 2 weeks down to one again, and that seems to be a good level for me, in terms of energy, and not wanting to throw caution to the wind and make babies now haha.