Question: How do you cook Goat Meat
We have learned that Goat Meat is [B]extremely difficult [/B]to cook. The result is always chewy, stringy & difficult to chew. We have tried everything we can think of.
* Bake it long & slow
* boiled it first, then bake it
* cook it 24 hours in a crock pot
* fry it
* Cook in a pressure cooker
* aged if for a week in the fridge before cooking
* soak it in buttermilk in fridge all night before cooking
The goat we butchered was only 6 months old.
What are we doing wrong? What is the SECRET to cooking goat so it is not chewy & stringy? At this point it seems to be MISSION IMPOSSIBLE !