Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Hahaha, funny story:

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    59

    Hahaha, funny story:

    Shop Now
    So I just got a visit from one of those door to door sales man. First thing he say, "Hi is your mother or wife here." LOL! First off I'm 22 and haven't lived with my mom in a long time. secondly, I'm 22; way too young to be married. Anyways, he was selling cooking supplies. He looked at me like I was a blasphemous scoundrel when I told him that I cook for myself. So what, a guy can't cook for himself these days? It's very sad that these thoughts are still thought these days. I've been cooking since I was 8, and would rather cook a meal for a lady than have her cook for me any day.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    4,082
    Over the years I have learned that not a lot of guys cook (though it gets better as you get older), but if a guy DOES cook, odds are really good that it's going to taste amazing.
    Durp.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    59
    I was thinking of going to culinary school in high school. Owning my own restaurant is my back up plan if I can't become a teacher.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Manchester, NH
    Posts
    2,142
    i'm the cook in my house, but with most of my friends it's usually the girl. the guys will make one or two things really well, and work the grill. it's not the best assumption to ask for the lady of the house, but it's a common one.
    also, if most couples/families are like mine, my wife would love to fill our kitchen with all kinds of supplies...just give me a good set of knives. and a lot of other guys i know wouldn't bite at whatever a cooking supplies salesman is selling.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Manchester, NH
    Posts
    2,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylex286 View Post
    I was thinking of going to culinary school in high school. Owning my own restaurant is my back up plan if I can't become a teacher.
    what do you want to teach? you could always do culinary...even on the side.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    i'm the cook in my house, but with most of my friends it's usually the girl. the guys will make one or two things really well, and work the grill. it's not the best assumption to ask for the lady of the house, but it's a common one.
    also, if most couples/families are like mine, my wife would love to fill our kitchen with all kinds of supplies...just give me a good set of knives. and a lot of other guys i know wouldn't bite at whatever a cooking supplies salesman is selling.
    I'm the same. Give me a decent kitchen, some frying pans a full spice rack and 20$ I can make anything. The food taste no different if it's cook on 500$ of stainless steal. Hell when I was bbqing last time I was at the beach I used a stick to flip the burgers because I forgot to bring utensils.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    what do you want to teach? you could always do culinary...even on the side.
    I want to teach English in Japan. My major is Japanese so I'd like to move over there and become a teacher. I was thinking about looking into culinary school. I've been pondering the idea of a "Primal" restaurant.

  8. #8
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylex286 View Post
    I want to teach English in Japan. My major is Japanese so I'd like to move over there and become a teacher. I was thinking about looking into culinary school. I've been pondering the idea of a "Primal" restaurant.
    Cool. Where in California do you live?

  9. #9
    that is really funny. how many braincells does it take to think up "May I speak with the culinary expert of the house?" when a telemarketer calls, it's always "may i speak with your mom or dad?" dude, i'm 27.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    God's country, W.VA
    Posts
    318
    Shop Now
    I'm the primary cook in my house too. My wife tells me all the time what a good cook I am. Of course I don't believe her, I mean, she also tells me she loves me just the way I am.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •