My journal readers know a lot about me, haha.
1. My first car was $450, a 1974 VW Beetle. It had a baja body style already started, with fiberglass fenders and a chopped engine compartment, so we finished the job by chopping the front and installing the fiberglass nose piece. I sold it for over $1k to another young enthusiast after the engine was rebuilt for the second time and I had neither the time nor patience to put into it anymore. I named it Franz.
2. I am really bored right now.
3. I have never broken any bones.
4. I have only had stitches once. My cousins' dog bit my lip. 5 stitches when I was 5 years old. My sister stepped on a hot curling iron that my stupid cousin left out later that same day.
5. I experience a burning rage when people flippantly use the word "retard" in any form (my 15 year old brother has Down's syndrome).
6. I am outrageously overprotective of my big sister and little brother. Is this a middle child thing? My sister is only about 2 years old, whereas my brother is 9 years younger.
7. I bought a scooter (as in moped) 2 years ago to use as my primary mode of transportation. I sold it this year since I started cycling to work to save gas money (when it's not friggin' raining). It was fun, but definitely has some limitations in terms of convenience. Riding a scooter in the rain is possibly even more miserable than CYCLING in the rain, even when you've got full rain gear on. Maybe that's just me.
8. I have a lot of pride in my heritage on my dad's side, but know very little about the culture my grandparents' grew up in or Russian history (grandfather was from the Ukraine, grandmother was from Belarus). I have a very Russian-looking name and I only know a few words in Russian, but the sound of it is very familiar to me because my grandparents and dad used to speak it together a lot when I was little.
9. I have been within 100 (maybe) feet of the Pacific ocean, but never touched it.
10. I have only been out of the country once, to Italy when I was 17.