Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You've got a gun to your head....popcorn popped on coconut oil or....

You've got a gun to your head....popcorn popped on coconut oil or....

Shop Now
    Carrot sticks?

Just kidding. How about cape cod potato chips whose only ingredients are potatoes/canola oil?

Neither are overly primal choices. Just getting an idea of which is the lesser of 2 evils?

The lesser of the two evils is an individual effect. Personally I don't eat potato chips, so I guess the popcorn wins (since I have made that at home). I do make french fries with olive oil at home too though.

Canola is probably GMO... not to mention all the shit they do to conventional potatoes... some potato farmer said he has a private crop of potatoes he grows for his family, he doesn't see the ones he grows commercially as safe to eat...

How about you go get a bag of organic russet potatoes (3.99 for 3lbs at my regular ol' supermarket), cut them into thick-ish slices, fry in coconut oil with a bit of salt, and thank me later for saving you from both those two evils My mom told me once about a friend of a friend, a gastroenterologist, who said almost every case of diverticulitis he treated was due to popcorn kernels lingering in the intestines, forming little pockets...

considering the gun scenario...which ever one is closer, self preservation trumps a temporary disconfort.

Now, if there were no gun...NEITHER. Just had a deja vu Matrix-y moment,"There is no gun"

Y'all are more hardcore than me, lol! I am headed to the movies and I was debating on popping my own popcorn....

Bacon.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Timthetaco Guest
    Popcorn.

There is no gun
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

So it's essentially corn vs canola oil...

I think the corn would give me worse effects, so I'd go with the chips.

Shop Now
    The lesser of the two evils is an individual effect