For the vast majority of Mark's Daily Apple Readers forum rules aren't necessary. The MDA community has turned this space into a forum for open discussion about health and wellness where ideas, opinions and personal stories can be shared freely.
We have an amazing and vibrant community of respectful, civil, supportive, intelligent, inquisitive and helpful contributors. This is a tremendously valuable asset to us all as we attempt to get beyond the flawed conventional wisdom of health and fitness and find what works for each of us. As such, to ensure this forum will continue to thrive and won't devolve into a place of spam, name calling, ad hominem attacks, and nasty and hurtful language that is so prevalent in comment and forum boards around the net we now have official forum rules. The Grok abides and so should you.
The short of it:
- Be nice, be civil, and don't call people names
- Don't post spam and advertisements of products or other websites
If you break either of these rules you will receive an infraction or be banned from the forum.
The long of it:
- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, purposeless inflammatory posts, or inappropriate language. Our decision is final in these matters.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.
- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
- Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, blog comments, picture comments and private message systems to spam other members.
- Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. For style changes and general 'how-to' questions this should be 24 hours. For specific troubleshooting issues, use 12 hours as a guideline.
- We also do not allow posts or links to sites that are sexual in nature or violate Mark's Daily Apple community standards. The Mark's Daily Apple team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
- Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about competitor's products, we will not tolerate blatant adverts. You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
- We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
- If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an English Translation of your post.
- Posts discussing moderator actions are also not allowed.
- You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
- While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
- We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our forums are a privilege and not a right.
Advertising Services and Solicitation
We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations. Explicit advertising and solicitating in signatures is also prohibited.
Links in signatures must follow these guidelines:
- Linking to a commercial product/service is fine, provided it is not a product or service that competes with a product or service offered by Primal Nutrition, Inc. and it is not an affiliate program link for Mark's Daily Apple or any other affiliate program.
- Promotional text for a commercial product or service is ok, provided there are no price(s) of product(s) or service(s) listed.
- A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial and does not contain product(s) and/or service(s) is allowed, provided the site is not sexual or does not violate Mark's Daily Apple's community standards. The Mark's Daily Apple team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards. (Examples include sites about drugs and/or sex.)
- Duplicate links to the same URL in a signature are not allowed.
- All signatures must be made in English
- Animated avatars are not allowed. Sorry.
- Avatars that may be confused with official staff avatars are not allowed.
Signature Size Limits
All signatures should not exceed the following limits:
- You can't have both text and images in your sig
- For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
- Do not use images with large text to bypass the previous item
- For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size
- Animated images in a signature are not allowed
Although the administrators and moderators of Mark's Daily Apple Community Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author. The owners of Mark's Daily Apple Community Forum (Primal Nutrition, Inc.) will not be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of Mark's Daily Apple Community Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
Any disputes with the staff of the Mark's Daily Apple Community Forums will be handled in private through the Private Message System.
Forum Rules Credit
These forum rules are an adaptation of the vBulletin forum rules.