More Activity

4 Visitor Messages

1. Try limiting carbs on whatever days are your "rest" days and limiting fats on your hardest, most active days. Any chance of combining some of the lifting and jiu jitsu days and getting some actual days off?
  2. View Conversation
    With the exception of this week ( i'm fighting a cold) The schedule is usually alternating between jiujitsu and lifting each other day. Monday, Wednesday, jits from 6:30- 9:30 . Tuesday Thursday weightlifting. Saturday a quick morning jits open mat from 12-2, and sunday Depends on what I want to do. there is Judo on sundays, but some days I'll go and lift. of course depending on work load from job and school sometimes those days get pushed back. i'm 23, 5'9 in height. BFP i'm not totally sure. I think around 14-16% I posted my daily meal example on the thread I started.
  3. Didn't realize you hadn't earned your private message capabilities yet.

I'd suggest trying a little bit of carb timing, but I'd need to know more about your exact schedule to make much further recommendations. Honestly, I think the schedule you lift and train on is one of the key pieces to your puzzle. I know it's been a struggle for me to fit it all in and still have capacity to recover from all the work, so that was one of the places I thought I might have some insight that you'd find valuable.

What's your weight, bodyfat percentage, age, and height again? What days do you jiu jitsu and what days do you lift? 5 x 5 is likely too much volume for you to recover from in addition to all the jiu jitsu as the weight on the bar creeps into the 3 and 400's.
  4. View Conversation
    hey Rich hows it going. You had requested I give you some more info about my training.
    I currently train 4-5 times a week. in BJJ and powerlifting. My powerlifting consists of the 5x5 program. Currently my Bench is 200 lbs( 1 rep ) squat is 270lbs and deadlift is 280lbs.

The BJJ class is altnernate between gi and nogi, with a sunday night judo class too. On average I get about 3 BJJ sessions in a week, and 2 powerlifting sessions. Any dietary tips on all this would be great.

I of course want to get stronger above all else, but still want the leaning out effect rather than bulking so i'm not too heavy for my weightclass.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
About RichMahogany

Basic Information

Signature

The Champagne of Beards

Statistics

Total Posts
Total Posts
Posts Per Day
Visitor Messages
Total Messages
Most Recent Message