Conversation Between Chaohinon and ErinF

5 Visitor Messages

1. Directions
    1. Adjust oven rack to middle position, and heat oven to 325 degrees. Add crust recipe to bottom of pan. Cover the outside of the springform pan with foil so no water from the water bath will seep into your cheesecake. Set it in a roasting pan large enough to hold it.
    2. Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add sugar and beat on medium speed until fully incorporated. Scrape down bowl sides and beat again until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down bowl after each addition to ensure a creamy batter. Slowly beat in vanilla, then cream and sour cream and coconut milk. (Meanwhile, bring tea kettle of water to a boil, then turn off heat.)
  2. 3. Pour batter into prepared pan. Set the roasting pan on oven rack and pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up the side of the springform pan. Bake until cake perimeter is set but center still jiggles, about 40 minutes. Turn off heat and leave oven door ajar; let cheesecake sit in oven so the residual heat continues to cook it, about 30 minutes.
    4. Remove pan from water; set on a wire rack. Let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until well-chilled, about 3 hours (can be refrigerated up to 4 days). Run a sharp knife around the edge of the pan, loosen the spring siding and serve.
  3. Oops, forgot to add the recipe

Cheesecake filling recipe
    3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
    1 cup sugar
    3 large eggs, at room temperature
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1/4 cup heavy cream
    1/4 cup sour cream
    1/2 cup coconut milk
    Heavy-duty foil for pan

Crust
    For the crust I just crushed up the cookie part of oreo's and about 1/4 cup extra dark chocolate chips in the food processor and used a 60/40 butter to coconut oil ratio, melt it and add it to the cookies until they are moist enough to stick together. I tried to find a more primal crust recipe, but it was late and I gave up early. I topped the cheesecake with a dark chocolate ganache, you can find one on just about any recipe website.
  4. I'd love to, however the cheesecake and crust recipe are not primal...did you still want it? I'm sure if you're good with cooking you can probably figure out a way to make it primal, but I didn't have the time and tbh it's the one indulgence I have every year.
  5. would you mind throwing that coconut cheesecake and dark chocolate crust recipe my way?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5