No Recent Activity
About Grokolicious

Basic Information

About Grokolicious
Biography:
I first read Primal Blueprint in July 2011, while in Baghdad, Iraq. I stopped eating grains and really felt the difference it made. When I got back home, I reverted back to my old eating habits.

After getting some not-so-happy results from my latest blood work, I decided that I really needed to change the way I was eating, and living my life.

I've read quite a few books about Primal/Paleo, and have been a semi-avid troll of MDA since first reading The Primal Blueprint, and I feel that I have a pretty good idea of what I need to do.

I decided to begin in relatively dramatic fashion, by eliminating everything and eating only meat for the first week. Mostly just to see if I could do it, but also to test a theory that I have about "tricking" my body to change from a carbohydrate needing to fat burning machine.

I started my carnivorous, extremely-low-carb approach on March 4th 2012, and plan to keep it up for at least one week, but might shoot for two. I then plan to introduce vegetables, for their nutrients and fiber, until I reach my initial goal weight of 220 lbs.

I'm starting at 255 lbs, completely out of shape, with 268 total cholesterol (160 LDL, 29 HDL, 513 Trig). I'm hoping to reach my initial goal of 220 lbs by by birthday in October. Ultimately, I would like to get down to 190 lbs, which should be almost ideal for my 6'1" frame.

More to come later...Wish me luck, and Grok On!
Interests:
Spending time with my family, Reading, Movies, TV
Project Manager

Statistics

Total Posts
Total Posts
Posts Per Day
General Information
Last Activity
03-12-2014 12:26 PM
Referrals