No Recent Activity

7 Visitor Messages

1. View Conversation
    Hello! Yes I do have relatives in Alsace. They're not primal though ... hmmm perhaps I should send them some info! :)
  2. View Conversation
    Hi Chatpristi

I'm about to join Primal Frenchies. I'm over the other side of France, in Normandy. I'm not French - I'm British, but I've lived here for about 8 years.
    We can get really good beef here. Lamb is usually rubbish, chicken is average. We get good pork from a friend, and we have our own eggs and veg.
    I'm not a brilliant example of the primal lifestyle - my 80/20 seems to be more often the other way round. But I'm slowly improving.

See you over at Primal Frenchies!

Margaret
  3. I totaly misundertood that visitor board messages thing...
    Turns out it is for my visitors to write up something, and basically I just spammed myself!
    oops my bad
  4. I'm getting better with this 1000 characters thing ;o)
  5. So, for a proper introduction:
    Hello there!
    I've gone primal since June, and besides the obvious fat loss consequences, I've enjoyed having lots more of energy throughout the day (meaning since June I've retiled my roof, rearranged my bedroom, home office, living room, taken up daily walking during lunch hours at work...ant tackled the paperwork monster that had been waiting and growing for months) and every chore feels like a breeze...
    Since I'm not interested in TV shows, I try to catch up more sleep each day - but as I'm a computer geek, you'll often find me late at night browsing!
    I try to improve daily, one day at a time, to enjoy the moment and to enjoy the privilege of living where I live, that is in Alsace, in the lower mountains of the east of France, with beautiful landscapes and hiking opportunities everyday (and 3-feet high snowfall every winter!)
  6. I can't believe I had to trim it down to 1000 characters!
  7. So, here in France, we love bread. And corn. and pasta. and cakes. and... OK, you get it.
    Here in France, we also ghave access to good butter, farm grown eggs and meat, locally grown fruits and veggies in abundance.
    We celebrate everything with wine, cakes and sweet pastries.
    Let's say it out loud: France is not a primal country!
    Yet it is all kinds of fun being primal: I have access to the best foods (bison is not easy to find, but in fall, we have boar, deer and wild fowl in our stores, as it is hunting season), and the best cheese and butter to go with it.
    And if I just take some old cookbooks, I can have quasi primal recipes (lots less bread/potatoes/pasta in the olden days)
    That's beef stew with cabbage and carrots.
    That's squash roasted / pureed / souped / braised, with cheese, with bacon, with meat...
    As a good cooking geek, I have my own tricks:
    I make my own cottage cheese (homemade whey for breakfast, anyone?)
    I also make my own yoghurts...
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
About Chatpristi

Basic Information

About Chatpristi
Biography:
I am a French cooking geek, sometimes feeling very lonely among my fellow bread-eating countrymates.
Interests:
Food & cooking, photography

Statistics

Total Posts
Total Posts
Posts Per Day
Visitor Messages
Total Messages
Most Recent Message
01-31-2012 07:04 AM
General Information
Last Activity