No More Results
About PrimalJasper

Basic Information

About PrimalJasper
Biography:
I always used to think “Depression isn’t an illness – it’s a state of mind that can be changed”. However, following a nervous breakdown at the tender age of 22 I seemed to have picked up the traits of a depressive easily enough. I still didn’t believe it but I promised my loved ones I would try anything to get back to who I used to be. I was thrown the usual cocktail of Anti-depressants and Anxiety relief pills that grew in strength each time I said “I still feel the same”. The thought that I will need these pills to regain my personality filled me with dread so I took myself off them and tried to weather the storm.
After 10 years of waiting to feel better when I got a better job, the car, the house etc. I finally gave in and saw depression as a real illness and that it was a chemical deficiency and not a state of mind. Still determined to remain drug free I searched the web for a way to redress the chemical imbalance in my brain and found Marks Daily Apple. I still have the dark day now and then but I believe I am no longer “depressed”. Because of this discovery having a profound impact on my life I am now primal. No grain, no caffeine, no artificial sweeteners, no candy, low carbs and a pair of shoes that makes kids laugh and dogs scared (Vibrams!).
I still don’t exercise as much as I should (going primal was originally for mental benefits) but I plan to up that this year (2013). I am a keen motorcyclist and I travel to mainland Europe to explore it on two wheels. I love pondering the infinite. I love walking to places I have never walked to. I love my wife, family and friends and I am now seeking a cure to my broken spirituality – something that I also had before my 22nd year.
Interests:
Motorcycling, Skiing, Theology/Philosophy, Mental Health + Recovery and Primal Living
Youth Development Worker and User Interface / Graphics designer for an IT Education Consultancy

Statistics

Total Posts
Total Posts
Posts Per Day
General Information
Last Activity
12-01-2013 03:59 AM
Referrals