No Recent Activity

3 Visitor Messages

1. View Conversation
    I joined just to thank you for being pretty much the only voice of reason on these pseudoscience-filled forums.
    I always want to bang my head against the wall when some poor 5'2 woman posts that she's eating gobs of butter or coconut oil, doesn't know why she isn't losing at ~2000 calories a day, and everyone tells her to "eat more fat and less carbs" when the problem is that she's simply eating far too many calories for her size.
  2. I joined just so I could contact you to tell you that I agree with mixie. :)
    You conduct yourself with such class even when you're being attacked (for what I'm not even sure)

I have the book Good Calories, Bad Calories that I've just begun reading. I'm slogging through it as it's a bit above my head.
    I, too, can't grasp the idea of eating more than what is required or expending less energy doesn't lead to weight gain even IF you weren't to eat insulin spiking carbs.
    So far I haven't found the answer in the book but I'm not nearly done reading.

Anyway, if you find an answer and can explain this theory, I'd be appreciative if you could pass on any info!

Be well.
  3. View Conversation
    Sir, I like your style.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
About captaineight

Basic Information

About captaineight
Interests:
Rugby Union, weight training, barefoot running, fly-fishing

Statistics

Total Posts
Total Posts