Conversation Between Dutchie and theholla

6 Visitor Messages

1. Also,the main disadvantage I have is that I can't programm/devellop websites and in my region they always want devellopers with designing skills (which is a bit of an unrealistic demand in my opinion). Anyway,I don't have a real portfolio site but a temporary one (and also a deviant account for more random stuff)which allows me to display a couple of things. It's here: http://cargocollective.com/sculmully
  2. In-house designer indeed usually isn't about cutting-edge design work,unless you're lucky enough to work at a cool design company like Go Media.
    I'll hope to become a freelancer,doing all sorts of things,but in order to do that I must built a better portfolio(I really enjoy looking at illustration styles of artists such as Pale Horse,Hydro 74,JThree and Tokidoki) and that means I'll first have to get over my weird Eating Disorder and not care about bodycomposition/image anymore since my sickness currently doesn't allow me to exercise heavily. I just need to let myself sit down and actually do something,instead of browsing Paleoblogs,bc I just don't know what to eat anymore.
  3. In-house designer indeed usually isn't about cutting-edge design work,unless you're lucky enough to work at a cool design company like Go Media.
    I'll hope to become a freelancer,doing all sorts of things,but in order to do that I must built a better portfolio(I really enjoy looking at illustration styles of artists such as Pale Horse,Hydro 74,JThree and Tokidoki) and that means I'll first have to get over my weird Eating Disorder and not care about bodycomposition/image anymore since my sickness currently doesn't allow me to exercise heavily.
  4. In-house designer indeed usually isn't about cutting-edge design work,unless you're lucky enough to work at a cool design company like Go Media.
    I'll hope to become a freelancer,doing all sorts of things,but in order to do that I must built a better portfolio(I really enjoy looking at illustration styles of artists such as Pale Horse,Hydro 74,JThree and Tokidoki) and that means I'll first have to get over my weird Eating Disorder and not care about bodycomposition/image anymore since my sickness currently doesn't allow me to exercise heavily.
    The main disadvantage I have is that I can't programm/devellop websites and in my region they always want devellopers with designing skills (which is a bit of an unrealistic demand in my opinion). Anyway,I don't have a real portfolio site but a temporary one (and also a deviant account for more random stuff)which allows me to display a couple of things. It's here: http://cargocollective.com/sculmully
  5. Hi Joelle,

I've been an in-house designer for about 5 years now. It means that I don't always get to work on cutting edge stuff, but I'm hooked on the regular paycheck and benefits ;) Outside of the office, I occasionally do some freelance work for old clients or the occasional pro bono job, but I don't usually seek out new projects, so no online portfolio at the moment, sorry!

If you want to take design careers, I'm always happy to help.

Rebecca
  6. Hey,
    I saw you're a Multimedia Designer too:) I got my BA Communication&Multimedia Design last year...though there are no jobs here and I currently suffer too much from mental anxiety in regards to eating&being sedentary/sitting still...

Do you work at a company or are you a freelancer? Do you have an online portfolio?:)

Kind Regards,
    Joelle
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6