More Activity

32 Visitor Messages

1. View Conversation
    Yeah, now that you mention north Jersey it doesn't surprise me about accents. Being closer to New York and all... My dad lived in NJ for a short time as a child, can't remember where though. Yay for having Midwestern accent at least... haha Much of my family is Midwest too, Ohio and Iowa mainly.

What about the weather two days from now? And I prefer weather.com for my forecasts, at least until I find something more accurate... :P
  2. View Conversation
    Ha. :p I've not encountered anyone with that heavy of an accent yet, though I know they're out there somewhere! Which side of NJ is more known for that?

Just be happy I don't ask you what the weather will be in four days. :p
  3. View Conversation
    That must get tiresome. I'm a friend with a now-grad student who does meteorology and I'd tease her all the time about the weather. Still do actually... :D Anyway. I'm from Springfield, about an hour west of Columbus. Are you originally a New Joiseyan?
  4. View Conversation
    Not cloudless here today, at least not right now. But yeah it'll reach the low 80s. I was actually just playing on you being a meteorology major... :p I do somewhat miss the more temperate weather, being from Ohio originally... Okay, only occasionally. :D
  5. View Conversation
    So, how's the weather?

*snirk*
  6. View Conversation
    Exactly, I've got to start thinking that way about new things..
    Ahh, lucky, definitely! I'm still wondering how my cooking will go over in the dorm kitchens.. next to a pot of ramen or something!
    And yes: [url]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1412691918[/url], feel free to add me.
    I forgot to ask - are you involved in anything on campus?
  7. View Conversation
    Very coool, I'm actually going rock-climbing this Friday.. but I am sure I won't be all that good ;). Well we'll have to stay in touch, and eat some primal food at Rutgers together!
  8. View Conversation
    Sweet pic. Nice to meet another climber, there are quite a few on the forums :)
  9. View Conversation
    Oh - well that's good.. even though technically you're not supposed to cook oil, but still much better! And woww, did you go through that already? How did it work out? I think it's a little ridiculous because they accommodate vegetarians/vegans - and ours is just as personal a belief. I think my intolerances might show up with a naturopath, and since I won't see real doctors.. maybe that will help. Ugh - at least I found out early!
    Oh no! I guess I had never thought that all dorms don't have kitchens on each floor - I guess I'll have to try for the ones that do.. Ahaha, thanks for the heads up!

Not quite into sports - and have never been very strong, but I am starting to do the 4 basic primal movements (from Mark's e-book) and my current job requires me to move around alot/I don't have a car so I walk - ALOT! I'm sure I'll have to do a bit more when I get to Rutgers, and I'll probably have improved strength and what-not. What kind of exercises do you do?
  10. View Conversation
    Thanks for the advice, I might just choose Cook as my second choice - I definitely don't want to be on Livingston. Definitely not a partier, but I've missed out on the college experience being in community college so I want to be as immersed as possible!
    Yay on the local markets - I knew about TJ's and Whole Foods - but I wont' have a car...
    As for the dining halls, I can't tolerate canola/soybean oil - so that eliminates everything, I'm hoping on getting my meal plan waived for severe allergies (ehemmm, intolerances/personal choice ;). But I figure I'll sometimes go.. good to know it's not a big deal to ask!
    I'm going to be a sophomore next year, and will be transferring from SAS to Business school later on!
    Are you originally from Jersey?
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 32
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
About climbergirl

Basic Information

About climbergirl
Interests:
Weather, climbing, hiking, biking, yoga, cooking... If it's outside or involves a kitchen I'm there.
College student and fitness junkie, now Primal prodigal daughter

Signature

My Journal!! (but start at page 10 lol) - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26553.html

Weather weenie and bacon-addict who wants to get back to looking and feeling fabulous.

Statistics

Total Posts
Total Posts
Posts Per Day
Visitor Messages
Total Messages
Most Recent Message
04-21-2011 09:21 AM
General Information
Last Activity
10-14-2013 11:08 PM
Referrals