Conversation Between Clymb and ciep

33 Visitor Messages

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Haha. You're hilarious. :)

What do you drink? I'm a Corona fan, or drinks made with rum.

You're kidding me here... Next time I'm in AZ (because ya know, it's right down the road) we'll grill up something primal, put on some Damian Marley, and get a kan-jam tourney going. I searched youtube but all the vids of kan-jam are awful, don't even bother looking, they're an embarrassment to the sport. Just trust me, when you have the right people it's the best backyard game ever.

Cool that you ordered Mark's books, Robb's was better though I think. You should definitely check out Good Calories Bad Calories -- that book was awesome!
  2. So funny! You're prob with the gym is just like mine with the VS. I went there because of my interest in health & wellness and because I wanted to help people. In reality it's more about sales goals. Plus a lot of the supplement industry is just BS. I'm sick of companies trying to convince people they need a fat burner to lose weight, what a joke.

Lol, def go for the waitress job -- your "tight pants plan" is pretty golden! I was a bartender in Myrtle Beach for a year, SO fun, and awesome money... and you'd prob make twice what I did.

I've been primal since about October. You? My ex-gf had IBS so I suggested we go gluten-free, which led me to learning about grains, then paleo, etc.

I'm into a lot. Climbing obviously, hiking, camping, snowboarding, running distance, love kan-jam and ping-pong, played soccer for years, basketball. I read constantly, love philosophy, music (I drive everyone nuts with damian marley), and photography even though I suck, lol.

Your turn brosef! :p
  3. It was delicious! I know the owner of the restaurant though and he came around toward the end insisting on giving us free dessert. I didn't want to be rude and decline, so I wound up with creme brule, lol. Oh well, special occasion I guess.

How are you managing to study yoga and PT at the same time? It must be quite the workload. And what's this job that you're so sick of? Are you doing something with PT yet? Working in a clinic of some sort?

I'm actually the manager of a health/supplements store called The Vitamin Shoppe. Been doing it for 2 years (since I graduated with my Bachelor's). Decent job, but I could never work retail my whole life. The longer I'm there the more I realize that the world of retail is the exact opposite of who I am, which is why I went back for my grad degree this year.

I'm on my way to bed now but I'll definitely check out Shiva Rea tomorrow. Thanks for the link!
  4. That meal sounds delicious! I want to make my own versions of stuff like that some day.

Yoga is amazing--very complementary to climbing. Iyengar is the style I study at school for my cert, and I think it's really good for learning the technical aspects of yoga but I would never do it for fun and that's not the style I'm teaching, I'm going to teach vinyasa flow. For recommendations, I don't have much in the way of books besides what I have to read for class which is mostly Iyengar. For DVDs, P90X yoga is pretty good, but I really like Shiva Rea. She's an amazing yogi and her DVD has a bunch of different practices that you can combine in any order. Here's the link:
    [url]http://www.amazon.com/Shiva-Rea-Daily-Energy-Vinyasa/dp/B002IVLWCE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297709306&sr=8-1[/url]

Anyways, I'm just at work and bored out of my mind, that's why I'm on here so much. I want to find a new job--I've only worked here for about a month but it's not what I expected. Where do you work?
  5. Go PT! That's awesome. I wish I knew more yoga. I "do" yoga, but just the random poses I've taught myself. Learned a lot from Iyengar's books but I'm always trying to learn more. Any books/dvds you recommend?

That's one hell of a meal -- you guys did well today! I've got v-day dinner tonight at my fav restaurant, psyched for my usual: one massive haddock fillet stuffed with crabmeat, cheese, and balsamic! Hooray food!
  6. I'm doing physical therapy too! How cool. I'm also getting my yoga teacher certification.

Sedona and Flagstaff are beautiful. Bouldering up in Flagstaff is great, especially at Priest Draw.

Seriously bro, you need to move out West. I could never live on the east coast, I'm way too much of a hippie. That's how everyone is in Oregon, btw. Lol. And people there fish and hunt so they'll give you fresh-caught salmon and elk jerky...mmmm...I'm so hungry lately. I went to Outback Steakhouse with my boyfriend today and we ate steak, shrimp, ahi tuna, and this tilapia filet stuffed with crab meat and mushrooms and a butter sauce.......foodgasm, bro.
  7. Ah, Oregon. The land of Steve Prefontaine and pine trees!.. is about all I know about that state, haha. Yeah, I don't think I'd want to live in Phoenix for too long, I'd prefer something less urban. Sedona and Flagstaff always looked awesome in pictures, but maybe they're big cities too, I don't know. You west coasters have all the cool states though -- Utah, Colorado, Oregon, Arizona, California -- all the rugged, mountainy places.

All we have up here are the Adirondacks and the Appalachian Trail. Not fair. :p

I graduate in 2013. I'm in a grad program for physical therapy, so I'm stuck in my little northeastern world for a couple more years. You?
  8. Arizona is great for climbing, but living in Phoenix can be shitty--lots to do I guess, but I'm from Oregon and I miss the trees and mountains. When do you graduate? What are you going to school for?
  9. Man, you suck. Living in Arizona must be incredible -- it looks so beautiful, and so much outdoor potential (climbing/hiking)! Someday I'll move out west. Gotta graduate first though, grr.
  10. Lame bro! I've always wanted to try snowboarding though, it looks really fun and all my climbing buddies do it. The weather here is gorgeous, it's like 75 today! I don't get to climb outside as much as I like because of work/school shit, but I went bouldering not too long ago. You should move bro, AZ is great for climbing.
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 33
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast