Tab Content
No Recent Activity

6 Visitor Messages

1. View Conversation
    Haha, ramen is disgusting. I've had it once (ironically not at college lol) and thought it was awful. How do people live off that stuff? In terms of campus involvement, I do a lot with the meteorology department (meteorology club treasurer and director of the program that produces the weather forecasts for the Rutgers TV network) - most of my other involvement is in regards to climbing and the outdoors programs. I'm actually submitting an application to be a guide for the outdoors trips that the recreation dept does, which is exciting.
  2. View Conversation
    Oh nice! And don't worry about being good at it - the important thing is to have fun! :D
    And definitely stay in touch. I'm getting an apartment off-campus next semester (right across from Cook tho) and will have a kitchen (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so excited!!!!!!!!!!) so i'll be able to cook all sorts of Primal yumminess. Do you have a facebook or something?
  3. View Conversation
    I got into rock climbing my second semester here and am now addicted to it, so that's my "play" - other than that I do some basic simple weights and the primal movements. oh, and LOTS of walking lol. i'm also planning on getting my bike here as the weather improves so i can ride to class (it's much faster than trekking across the entire campus lol)
  4. View Conversation
    Yea, I'm Jersey born and raised lol. You can get the stuff in the dining hall done in olive oil, the only pain is that you have to have like two doctors (yours and one here) to give a medical reason for you having special needs... which sucks. Well at least that's what I have to go through. Since you're a transfer you might have it easier. How are you planning on getting food then without the dining hall? Unless you happen to get placed in housing with a kitchen (which would be awesome!!!)
    What kind of sports/exercise are you doing with primal (if you are)
  5. View Conversation
    I live on Cook (the dining here is so much better) but it depends if you're more of a party vs nature person. Cook is very rural, which I love because I can come back from wherever and actually hear myself think. Busch and Livingston are eh, though Livingston is getting a new dining hall. I'm a sophomore majoring in meteorology (that's also part of the reason i'm on Cook, my major is here). In terms of food shopping, there's a bunch of cool little co-op and local markets around NB, and if you go about 20 minutes down the highway there's a Trader Joes, Wegman's, and Whole Foods (they tend to have more organic/primal-friendly food). Tip if you plan on eating in the dining halls - don't be afraid to question the food and ask what's used in it, etc. You're definitely not going to find anything close to grass-fed or organic when it comes to meat, poultry and fish so it's mostly picking between the lesser evils (though they do have canned tuna which is pretty safe). What year/major are you?
  6. View Conversation
    That's awesome! I'll finally have a kindred primal spirit here! Do you know yet where you're living/where you want to be over at Rutgers? Feel free to ask away about school here, etc. Where are you transferring from?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
About lexsi340

Basic Information

Statistics

Total Posts
Total Posts
Posts Per Day
Visitor Messages
Total Messages
Most Recent Message
02-24-2011 09:16 AM
General Information