Tab Content
No More Results

4 Visitor Messages

1. Fire your Dr. I think you could get off insulin easy once your insulin resistance goes down.

Try doing a green drink fast.
  2. View Conversation
    oh, ps, i'm on 7-8 units of lantus in the evening. my dr seems to think it's not a big enough amount and that i should experiment with not taking it. in the next breath he tells me i should be eating carbs and that i will have to start shooting with all meals eventually anyway. he doesn't seem to think that i can save my pancreas by eating low carb. it seems to piss him off actually.
  3. View Conversation
    how to have the energy to do the cycling when you don't eat? haha. seriously though, i only eat breakfast if i am hungry. lunch is a salad, the only carbs besides the spinach would be the avocado. dinner is usually my largest meal of the day. i do kick boxing and bjj three times a week and do jillian michaels or p90x dvds twice a week and then a nice trail run once a week. i really don't know what i am doing wrong. i cut out dairy. i seem to be gaining about 2lbs a week right now. i feel i am gaining muscle and the fat is not falling off. maybe that will be the next phase. my boyfriend is a avid cyclist. even when i was going on 6hr rides a few times a week, i wasn't loosing. i am beginning to think it is my hormonal issue getting in the way. thank you for your help!
  4. View Conversation
    hey dude, i just thought i would message you here instead of hijacking the blood sugar thread. how long have you been doing primal? did you get the book? how long did you take your insulin before you quit? do you work out everyday and how? what is a sample day like for you as far as food? do you omit foods that most people here eat? i am asking because i am still gaining weight. i had lost a lot before the dx'd, and now i am over my weight from two years ago. i'll be honest, don't have the book. have all the free stuff and forum and i guess i am kind of winging it, but, i might have to go buy the book. my friend gave me the paleo diet for athletes book though.... blah blah blah, sorry for rambling. thanks in advance!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
About Phaedrus

Basic Information

About Phaedrus
Biography:
I'm Brad, married father of 2, type 1 diabetic existing on the lunatic fringe of societal norms.
Interests:
Keeping the family unprocessed, philosophy, wheels,playing music, travel
consultant

Signature

Brad

late onset type1 diabetic 4-27-10 @ age 30

Statistics

Total Posts
Total Posts
Posts Per Day
Visitor Messages
Total Messages