No More Results

7 Visitor Messages

1. View Conversation
    Thanks! I've been dabbling with the other classes a lot lately, but I always find myself returning to the Spy to deal some damage against an unaware team. :P I haven't really played the older online FPS'; I just stuck into TF2 when I saw the 'Meet The _' videos and instantly wanted to play it. Speaking of which, Valve released Meet The Medic not too long ago--needless to say, it's amazing. Valve could quite happily take over Pixar and I'd be fine with it!

I really want to try the System Shock series after hearing that it's the spiritual predecessor to Bioshock. I've heard brilliant stuff about The Elder Scrolls series, as well. Once I've built my own gaming PC, I'm sorted to try out all these titles.

If you're into point-and-click adventures, there's tons of gems you can go through such as the Monkey Island series, Grim Fandango, Sam & Max, etc. Mind you, if you ARE into the point-and-clickers, chances are you've already played these! :P
  2. View Conversation
    I'm currently playing through the real gems, lately - Thief: The Dark Project, which is a stealth game set in Medieval times where you literally steal stuff. The AI is incredibly smart - I discovered this the hard way when a guard found a pile of unconscious bodies I had left in the middle of a room and started looking for me. I'm currently playing through some SNES classics like Final Fantasy VI, as well; it's my first time playing a 'proper' Final Fantasy game from the main series, and I have to say that this one is really good. Games like this really stand the test of time! :D

I've logged over 200 hours on TF2, now (not including the 360 version :P)! Valve has added a brilliant replay feature that lets you upload clips of your matches to YouTube - here's one of mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a00i1tefGp8

Seriously, the game is crack. It shouldn't be this addicting.
  3. View Conversation
    I love strategy games - Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance / A2 - they're all brilliant. I've never played a proper RTS game before, but I tried the demo for Shogun 2 - Total War, and all I can is say WOW - it's awesome! I need to play through the Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill series - I mainly owned Nintendo (and Sega) consoles up until I got a PS2, so I never got round to playing the Sony-exclusives back in the PS1 era. I loved Bioshock 1 and 2; Infinite is looking just as gorgeous.

I knew that the 360 version of TF2 was dead when I was facing the same people every day - not to mention the fact that 99% of servers had class limits that forced everyone involved to be one class. I can definitely sympathise about the playerbase there, though. Then again, the PC community just seems a lot more involving - people are (generally) kinder, smarter and more co-operative. The game itself has never been more alive. :)
  4. View Conversation
    PC games are 10 cheaper the vast majority of the time; if I bought all my 360 games on my PC instead from Steam, I would probably save around 250 at least! That's not counting the cost of subscribing to XBOX Live for 40 annually. Steam offers a superior service (for me personally, at least) and it's free! The cost of making a gaming PC is obviously very expensive initially, but the savings are too much too ignore in the long run. :)

Here's my Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197997537512

Feel free to add me! :)
  5. View Conversation
    I find myself playing literally every class nowadays. The Spy will always be my favourite, but sometimes you just need to switch to Soldier or Demoman and blow up that damn Engineer's nest! :P

I've been playing the game VERY regularly in the past couple of months on the PC. I do have the 360 version as well, but I don't play it because of the amount of bugs, exploits and unbalanced gameplay that's rampant on every server. To be frank, I haven't touched my 360 in months, and any games that are coming out for it that I'm interested in are also coming out for PC (like Portal 2). I'm actually looking at some parts to build my own PC (my first time; I've never owned a decent gaming rig :P), because I've made a realisation lately; console gaming is more expensive.
  6. View Conversation
    I can't snipe to save my life. If I'm a sniper, you can expect to see me running around with my Kukri in hand and swinging it around like a madman. Then I usually switch class after realising that that strategy is somewhat flawed..

I should play TF2 again soon. Are you a regular player? It'd be interesting to play against (or co-operate with) another MDA user! :P
  7. View Conversation
    You're gonna get backstabbed.

(I play as the Spy on TF2 :P)
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
About Styrofoam Jones

Basic Information

Date of Birth
August 8, 1992 (21)
About Styrofoam Jones

Contact

This Page
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/member27575.html
Instant Messaging

Send an Instant Message to Styrofoam Jones Using...

Statistics

Total Posts
Total Posts
Posts Per Day
Visitor Messages
Total Messages
Most Recent Message
07-03-2011 03:42 AM
General Information
Last Activity
01-12-2013 09:39 PM
Referrals